• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. J

New partner advice

Hi, Some adoption / bonding advice needed! Having lost my lovely buck this morning, we would like to move quickly to get a new bond for his other half as they were very close. Our remaining doe is an older bun - around 7. A family friend has offered us her little fella, who is less than a...
  2. J

Max - 22 November 2017

I just wanted to write a farewell post to my little REW, Max, who passed this morning under anaesthetic. He came to us as a rescue bun 6 years ago. He was bold, cheeky but also very soft-natured and friendly. He had a very fine coat and was troubled with furballs and stasis now and again over...
  3. J

Broken Bond :(

Two weeks ago I had a newly bonded pair of buns after we fixed Max up with a rescue bun. All was going well until Friday, when Max became unwell and went into stasis. He spent two nights at the vet, and made a good recovery. This afternoon he was discharged, but once I released him into the pen...
  4. J

Bonding service needed - East Midlands

Another request for a bonding service! Unfortunately my boy has recently lost his second wife - so I am on the look out for a new girl for him. There are a few rescues local to me, but none of them offer bonding. I am reluctant to try it myself because I don't really have neutral territory...
  5. J

Bunnies stopped eating veg

Hello all Not sure why - but both my bunnies seem to have taken a decision to stop eating veg. They are still eating pellets and hay and seem happy enough otherwise, but they always enjoyed collard greens and cauliflower but these last few weeks they seem to have gone off them. Any ideas? Will...
  6. J

Litter Disposal

I am in a bit of a quandary deciding what to do with wasted hay and contents of the buns' litter trays. We used to put them in our green garden bin, but we received a notice from the council that they class this as animal waste, and therefore they will not accept it in future. The local tip also...
  7. J

Pippin

Poor Pippin was finally put to sleep this morning. She is the third bunny I have lost in four months. My feisty little Holland Lop had a good life, charging round the garden until she broke her paw just before Christmas. She had to have it amputated and was never the same rabbit after that...
  8. J

Stasis advice - syringe feeding

Pippin has come back from the vets on two occasions now - both times she they syringe fed her and gave her fluids - and she had perked up a lot and was eating loads, pooping, and then once she comes home she goes back into stasis again. This has happened twice now, and I wonder is it something...
  9. J

Should I get another one (or two)???

A lot has changed in the past few months in my world of buns. Ben, my buck, died in September, leaving his two girls. We then got this little man from Warwick RSPCA. Fraiser is a fun-loving bun and still binkies around the garden. The bond, however, wasn't as successful as I had hoped. It was...
  10. J

Pippin is poorly again

My old girl has had a rough run of it recently. She lost her buck, her sister, then broke her paw and had to have it amputated... then last week she knocked her jaw on the patio, went into stasis and had to have her tooth extracted as a result last Thursday. Vet gave her some drugs to stimulate...
  11. J

Weaning her off the oats

Pippin lost a lot of weight when she broke her leg and following her amputation. She felt very frail and bony, so I gave her some oats along with her regular pellets and veggies. Problem is, now I can't wean her off them. Her weight is now back up to normal, so I figure I need to take her off...
  12. J

Jess 02/01/12

Jess was PTS this morning. She was one of of my first trio of bunnies, and I was sad to see her go. She was a little black Holland Lop, and a former show rabbit - we got her from our local rescue in 2006. She was always a nervous bun, and earlier last year she started showing hind leg weakness...
  13. J

Bunny won't come out of cage

Recently we brought Pippin indoors after she had her leg amputated: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?323170-Pippin-has-a-broken-paw&p=5146781 Her leg is healing well and she is eating and moving well. She has a large cage in my study, which is very quiet most of the time. But...
  14. J

Pippin has a broken paw

Last night I tripped and fell on the ice, and poor Pippin was caught underneath me when I fell. This morning, the end of her hind paw is dangling, and I am assuming it is probably broken. She is going to the vet later this morning, but in the meantime what is the best thing to do? I have given...
  15. J

Chasing bunny

We adopted Fraiser around five weeks ago, and was delighted that he seemed to bond immediately with Pippin and Jess, my two old ladies who lost their buck in the summer. There was no grooming or snuggling up going on, but they were certainly very tolerant of each other and happily shared their...
  16. J

Metacam

It seems Jess has spondylitis. Vet has recommended long term treatment with Metacam. A 10ml bottle comes in at £12, but I have seen it advertised a quite a few internet sites for substantially less. The only issue is that they require a prescription. I have always sourced medication directly...
  17. J

Panacur: 9 days or 28?

One of my girls has had difficulty moving her hind legs. She is eating well and seems happy otherwise but the problem has been going on for around 6 months. Vet originally said arthritis but I just took her again last week and another vet has said it could be caused by a parasite. I have been...
  18. J

Reserved: Walsall RSPCA - Fraiser - 5.5 month old friendly boy

Update: Fraiser has settled in very well to his new home. He really is a lovely rabbit - very easy-going and curious. The first afternoon he charged around his new enclosure binkying away - I never saw a rabbit leap so high! He bonded immediately with Pippin and Jess - a few little sniffs and...
  19. J

Ben

20. J

The Search for a New Wabbut

Back