• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. jay

If you were a bunny where would you lay down in hot weather...

...would you choose some shade in your run through which a cool breeze is blowing? Nope. Would you choose next to your playhouse door where you human has rigged some wire so some cooler air can get in? Nope. Would you lay on/near the nice cold water bottle frozen for your comfort in this...
  2. jay

How do give medication into your buns? Can I give it on food?

I've had a very poorly Ruby for the last month who has had to be separated from her partner, Benny. She has been on panacur and has made a fantastic recovery. Before I put her back with Benny I have to start him on a preventative course. This will not be easy. Ruby is easy going and I just...
  3. jay

Help and Ideas for our new outdoor enclosure and playhouse please, love Ben and Roo!

Good morning everybunny! We've had a long winter in our enclosure in the humans garage but it's nearly spring and we need to get out in the sunshine again and get some exercise (we may have put on a little extra holiday weight as we have perfected cute begging faces our human can't resist -...
  4. jay

Has anyone used pannels like this for an indoor bunny?

I'm thinking about getting these Easipet metal dog run panels for my newest addition. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Easipet-Metal-drop-small-24inches/dp/B004D9QACQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1483539747&sr=1-5&keywords=runhttp:// Has anyone used them before?
  5. jay

A post from two very annoyed bunnies....help us!

We need help...anyone...please?! We are in an awful situation. Our bunny mummy is making us go OUTSIDE! In this weather! It's wet and cold and we thought once we were safely tucked up in our new enclosure in the garage that we would be staying put until Spring. But OH NO! Apparently we need...
  6. jay

Advice - one of Ruby's ears has gone limp.

Ruby is an up eared bunny and one of her ears has gone floppy. She is eating and drinking and running round ok and doesn't seem to be in any pain. I was feeling all round the base of her two ears (nothing felt wrong or broken) and she laid herself out just like she normally does when I stroke...
  7. jay

Bad, bad bunnies caught right in the act...

So Ruby and Benny decided to try digging to Australia. "Come on Ruby...the best spot to dig is somewhere round here" "Benny...under here! This is the best place to start digging!" "Come on Benny, we'll soon get these stones shifted if we work together" "Dig...dig...dig...come on we'll be...
  8. jay

What happened when I was reunited with my bunnies!!!!

After a week away I was so glad to get back to these two. Ruby was so pleased to see me, not sure about Benny!! Cuddles with Ruby Benny giving me a 'look' Ruby in a pot! Gleeful playing and chasing Benny says "ok, I missed you too...now where's my dandilion?!"
  9. jay

The misconception that rabbits are basically living cuddly toys...

A friend who was over with her kids was talking about maybe getting a "pet rabbit" and asked if her daughter could cuddle my bunnies. I said no, they don't like to be picked up. She was actually shocked and said "whats the point of having rabbits then?" And there in a nutshell, the reason so...
  10. jay

Ruby and Benny get up to mischief!

What have Benny and Ruby been up to? For one thing Ruby is happy to be able to run in and out the house now that we don't have to keep the doors shut. Now that my lovely little stray Beatrix have moved on she can claim her place on the back door mat again! Here they are in their hutch, all worn...
  11. jay

Beatrix has moved on...and I am gutted.

Today it was finally time to say goodbye to my gorgeous little stray, Beatrix, who has been with me for the last month. Her are a few pics from her last day with me... On a mission... No...I'm not up to anything...honest... Creeping towards her ultimate goal... Made it!!
  12. jay

Leaking water bottles! Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do we have to put up with them? There must be an alternative! I have tried cheap ones and an expensive glass one (which I dropped and smashed) which said it didn't leak. It did. Ben and Roo have their water bottle in their little hutch (they live in a mismash of hutches joined together)...
  13. jay

What Beatrix did today...

It seems my gorgeous little stray, Beatrix, will be moving on quite soon. Here is how she spends her days with me... Re-doing the flooring This is my bit of carpet now and you're not having it back! Quick trip to the loo...ooh nice clean litter tray...don't want to mess that up... Now on...
  14. jay

I just lost Beatrix!

I have just spent the last 20 mins looking all over the house for her and feeling paranoid that somehow she had got out the house. Went round rattling the food bag (she normally comes running when she hears this). Looked in every room, under beds, behind the sofa, round furniture and even in the...
  15. jay

Stray bunny...do I keep her? Need help deciding what to do...

Help - I need some advice!!! Last month I was given a stray bunny which my BIL had found whilst at work. She had apparently been spotted before but no one had been able to catch her, he did and brought her to me. I really didn't think she was going to make it but after a few days she seemed to...
  16. jay

Help - found a stray baby bunny (English spot possibly)

My brother in law found a baby bunny this morning and not knowing what to do with it brought it round to me. During the day he fed it rabbit muesli, water and dandelions. Bunny is now running round my living room, has eaten some hay and is lively and seems relaxed. However bunny has not drunk or...
  17. jay

Benny has a bald patch! Why? Is it serious? Advice please...

Benny is quite a fluffy bunny and is currently molting from front and back towards the middle. Concerned about either him or Ruby swallowing too much fur I gently pull out Benny's loose fur every couple of days. This fur comes away easily in tufts. I was just pulling the fur from around his...
  18. jay

Benny - little, tiny sneezes!

I was rather concerned about Benny the other day as he kept sneezing...then I noticed he only does it when eating a dried dandelion mix I have bought - it is sweet seeing him trying to eat (he loves it!) and then doing the odd sneeze which startles him! Not getting it again, poor bun, I have...
  19. jay

Ruby and Benny....destructive, naughtly little $^$$^*. No idea what to do with them!

Ruby and Benny are so destructive and I think they do it on purpose. They live in my office and in the last 3 months have created loads of holes in the carpet, the door is chewed and the room is a constant mess. I have JUST cleaned, 30 minutes ago. Now they are worn out from shoving at the hay...
  20. jay

Ruby and benny bond...it's love!!

Its been a couple of weeks since Benny came to live with us and he has settled in really well. Ruby and Benny really do love each other.:love: Of course there have been arguments (Benny is a messy litter tray user and it really annoys Ruby and Benny doesn't always understand when Ruby wants...
Back