• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. TripleD

Not using back legs

Hi all, Not been on here for a while, but thought it was the best place to get some advice about Freddie. Freddie is about 5 1/2 years old. About 1-2 months ago we noticed Freddie's back end getting a little stiff when we was moving about so as he had a 2 storey hutch we took out the stairs...
  2. TripleD

Freddie ..... what new hutch?

I'm thinking about treating Freddie to a new hutch, he inherited the Manor hutch (http://www.carrotcottage.net/img/bunnygallery/bunnygall6.jpg) from Jez and Sparky when they moved into Carrot Cottage, now that Noob has the bottom half, he's only confined top section. I saw that Primrose Cottage...
  3. TripleD

Outdoor Rabbit Run

Hi All, I'm on the lookout for a new rabbit run, we brought one ages back which is kinda now being used to put around the hutches on the patio to stop them running off when we clean them out. We brought another from P@H but it's not very tall, and not very big! Doesn't really give them the...
  4. TripleD

Shaking Rabbit

Hi all, We've just been out to check on our bunnies, and one of them is shaking, it's like she's shivering. We got her indoors at the moment to see. She's got quite a large hutch, and she's recently lost her companion, so has been looking very sad. Any idea's why she would be shaking? is it...
  5. TripleD

Condensation Help

Hi Guys, We've noticed a small problem in our rabbit hutch. The roof seems to be very wet in one spot. I've ripped the felt off the roof thinking there was a leak, but it all looks fine, it's just the inside, so must be condensation. I've asked the residents to stop breathing so heavily, but...
  6. TripleD

I guess we've got a new rabbit!

Well it's been just nearly 3 weeks since we had a vistor in our Garden, and no one has come forward to claim the little fella so I guess we're now the proud owner of a 4th rabbit! Is quite funny, we were sitting in the living room, or some reason I just glanced at the window, and there sat a...
  7. TripleD

Commando - how unneccessary

My other half was watching commando last night, was half listerning but not really. Bit sleepy but this time.... Any was got to the second half when they decided to show how to kill and chicken and a rabbit! Was horrible i couldn't watch or listern. Thought that this was really bad, showing...
  8. TripleD

Bonding a 3

Hello. Yes another bonding post!! I have recently got another addition to the family - Little Freddie! He is a lionhead lop and is mega cute. He is not neutered at the moment and is 11 weeks old. I already have 2 bunnie's Sparky and Jezebel who are a happy couple, although Jeze defo wears the...
  9. TripleD

Moving Home

We have resently move house like 2 days ago and obviously bunnies have come with us! They had a nice little 20/25min ride in there carrier together in my car. As soon as we arrived at our new home the hutch was set up and they were let loose. Jezebel was ok hopped about and was her usual self...
  10. TripleD

Female humping male

Jezebel seems to try and hump Sparky quite regularly. Sparky if he can tries to just keep running, but in the hutch she just goes for it, then gives up. I know it's a dominance thing, but surely this shouldn't happen on regular basis? Both of them have been netured.
  11. TripleD

Jezebel back from her op

Jezebel came back from her op yesterday, she seems ok but not her usual self, as you would expect. Am a little worried as she has not got her normal appitite back and has only had minimal amount of hay not really touched her food and one really small piece of cauliflower which she normally...
  12. TripleD

Another Spaying post

Sorry for another post about spaying, but I've booked Jezebel in for the op on Friday, but am now really worried. Should we have her spayed? Sparky has been castrated so we aren't doing it for them reasons. I've heard loads of reports and stories about cancer spreading if she's not spayed, and...
  13. TripleD

Jumping Bunny

I nearly had a heart attack, the bunnies were out in there run, I looked across and jezebel was up on her back legs with her front feet on the run. I looked back at the TV, and about 2 mins later I looked again, just in time to see her jump, she managed to clear the run, and was holding onto the...
  14. TripleD

Eating Patterns

When should I start feeding my bunnies in the mornings instead of at night? The lady that we got sparky from said that you should change when you feed then during the winter.
  15. TripleD

Discipline

How can you teach a rabbit not to do something, is there some way of telling them off so they know not to do it again??
  16. TripleD

Matts

Don't know what to do Sparky has just about finished his moult, but he has got small matts around his bottom area. He is constantly cleaning himself and the matts are clean, have tried to brush them out but some are a bit hard to get at without him wiggling. Have tried getting my boyfriend to...
  17. TripleD

At what age does a female become fertile?

As the title says. :D
  18. TripleD

Another bonding question!!

Hello all!! We have just got the second addition to our rabbit family, still undecided on the name as yet. How do we start to bond her with Sparky?? At the moment they are in the run with a divider betwenn them so they can see each other and smell each other. What should we do next? Really...
  19. TripleD

Care after Castration

Hi all, Sparky's just had his castration check up, and the wound is weeping a bit, so the vet has given me some anti-biotics. One lot can go in food or water, but the other one has to be given via a syringe in the mouth. Now sparky at the best of times doesn't like to be held or touched, so any...
  20. TripleD

Rabbit Exercise in bad weather

It's been raining pretty much every night when I get home, and Sparky hasn't been for a run outside for 3 days now! :cry: How do you normally give your bunnies exercise when it's raining? He's not house trained so running around the living room is out!
Back