• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. A

Alby’s Snuffles

Thanks for your reply. Will speak to the vet about getting more antibiotics. His breathing has been worse than ever today & I’m just so concerned about him. He’s looking very grubby because the nasal discharge is spreading all over his face, and under his chin. I’m trying to wipe him clean but...
  2. A

Alby’s Snuffles

I haven’t, but I will look into it.
  3. A

Alby’s Snuffles

I haven’t, but I will look into it.
  4. A

Alby’s Snuffles

Thank you. Not sure how co-operative Alby would be, he isn’t the most co-operative rabbit! And I would worry if he could even tolerate sedation right now with his breathing difficulties. :( He’s sounded particularly bad today, it just seems to be getting worse & I’m at a loss! I just want him...
  5. A

Alby’s Snuffles

Thanks for the info! I will contact them again tomorrow morning. I don’t want him to run out & not be able to get hold of any over Christmas. Is a nasolacrimal duct flush quite a straightforward procedure?
  6. A

Alby’s Snuffles

Hi, thanks for your reply. So do you think the antibiotics would’ve kicked in by now & I would have started seeing improvements in symptoms already? The course is due to finish on Tuesday.
  7. A

Alby’s Snuffles

Hello, I posted last week regarding my new bunny Alby & his respiratory issues. After a trip to the vet, it was confirmed he does indeed have an upper respiratory infection & I’ve been given a course of Baytril (2x daily for a week). Safe to say, it wasn’t the easiest task to syringe feed to...
  8. A

New Bun Snuffles?

I’m going to speak to the vets today. I have noticed his symptoms have worsened since the vaccine. The vet assured me he was in perfectly good health to be safe to receive the vaccine when she gave it to him, as I had raised some concerns beforehand. She told me sometimes ‘bunnies just make...
  9. A

New Bun Snuffles?

Thanks for the suggestion. I have considered his hay is too dusty and I also read some rabbits can be sensitive to Timothy Hay? And that Orchard Hay may be a good alternative for particularly sensitive bunnies. I’m going to switch him to a mix of this and Alfalfa Hay. I’m slightly concerned he...
  10. A

New Bun Snuffles?

I believe he was being kept on wood shavings at the breeders. But I avoid these at all costs, and instead use a completely dust-free paper pelleted bedding.
  11. A

New Bun Snuffles?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Yes, there appears to be both nasal discharge & sneezing. It’s difficult to tell the colour of the discharge, as his hay is very green so it has stained the white fur around his nose! I would say it’s a creamy-white colour. I considered a URT infection was most...
  12. A

New Bun Snuffles?

Hi, thanks for your reply. Wow, 13 years! I have wondered if his hay is causing him some irritation. I considered switching to a different hay to see if it helps? I use paper pelleted bedding as his main bedding as this is completely dust free.
  13. A

New Bun Snuffles?

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I had read a bowl is better as it is more hygienic - bottles can harbour bacteria. I have no issues with him using a bowl if he prefers, but as I said I am concerned about how soggy his chin gets as I don’t want it to cause any nasty skin irritation. He actually...
  14. A

New Bun Snuffles?

Hi Craig, Thanks for your reply! I hadn’t considered that it could be dental. I assume the vet checked everything over, as I asked if he generally looked well (claws etc.) and she told me everything seemed fine! But it is difficult to know exactly what she did as due to Covid, I couldn’t go in...
  15. A

New Bun Snuffles?

Hi there. I picked up my new house bunny, Alby the Mini Lop, last Sunday. I had my previous house rabbits for 8 years (unfortunately, I lost Liquorice back in July) so I have experience in caring for rabbits & getting to know their behaviour. Liquorice was very poorly when we first got her and...
Back