• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. D

Poorly Freja :-(

Freja stopped eating yesterday, drooling and clearly uncomfortable in her mouth. She would eat teeny tiny amounts of certain things if we hand fed, but not enough, so they dosed her up with gut and pain meds and a fluid boost last night and then she went in this morning to investigate. It's a...
  2. D

Maize leaves

Is there a reasonable value in feeding dried maize leaves as part of a wider variety? I know they're high in fibre, but would be interested to know if they have anything extra to offer, or if they are even considered yummy at all!! We've got all 3 buns on a fresh/foraged diet now but going into...
  3. D

Odin and Freja's big day out

Both had to have second jabs for ear mites today, but it meant Freja had to come with us to acupuncture which was booked for just after. She's really mellowed in the past few months, and I think she quite enjoyed herself! She had the freedom of the room to explore, kept coming to check on Odin...
  4. D

Any experience with Rosewood pellets or Bunny Nature?

I like the ingredient list because it's pretty much a pellet version of what we feed fresh, but any personal experiences would be appreciated. Looking for the young one but also for Odin, if I can find a pellet that doesn't upset him with his veggies then it gives me another way to boost his...
  5. D

Current best pellet recommendations - and feeding a young bun

I don't feed the big guys pellets, they have fibafirst sticks if anything but are mostly forage and herb fed. Baby bun has come with Allen & Page mixed with oats but I need to fairly quickly decide what to move him onto so as to have enough to transition him over. I have used Science Selective...
  6. D

Baby bunny!! *NJORD!!!*

This little chappy came home today!! He is a second cousin of Freja, 4 months old and just beautiful. We were very keen - in the absence of giants in rescue (and strong reasons for not wanting to go smaller) to get another from the same place as they breed to improve the breed and get healthy...
  7. D

Odin and Freja catchup

I can't remember when I last was able to post about my big guys, but it's been a big year for them, so now I'm back it's time to catchup. Freja is, well, Freja - feisty, opinionated, but inwardly quite a little worrier. She's grown up into a beautful big girl but solid muscle, not sure there's...
  8. D

Young bunny to old bonded pair

I have a lot to catch up on but right now this is my most urgent query!! Long story short, our beautiful Odin is counting time, probably weeks rather than months but you never know. Freja is not a confident bunny and has never been alone, so I am quite concerned about her mental health when she...
  9. D

Odin and Freja update

Quick update - we've got the vets later to discuss longterm options, but since Odin's eye exploded he has been doing better and better. His eye is perfectly normal, third eyelid and all, and I'm pretty sure he can see at least something out of it - he doesn't tilt his head at us like he was, and...
  10. D

Split bottom lip

Just as I think we're on the up - was feeding Freja a christmas treat last night and kept feeling like something was stuck to her chin/bottom lip. Felt like a poo stuck to the hair but that didn't make sense. Managed to lure her head up with food and had a good look (as best I could with her...
  11. D

Syringable foods

Are there any other/better options for syringe feeding than Recovery or ground up pellets (Science Selective timothy based)? Just thinking in terms of increasing good fibre given that pellets are not designed to be eaten alone. He is eating hay and grass and fresh greens, and has dried food and...
  12. D

I think Odin's in stasis :-( UPDATE -his eye burst!!

Not eating, panting, very quiet. Just waiting for a callback to confirm when the emergency vet can meet us at the practice. Please hold him in your thoughts :(:(:(
  13. D

Happy Easter from the big buns!

And which is your favourite photo of these two? (I know there's not much in it but I want one to send as a card and I can't decide!!)
  14. D

Caption competition...

15. D

Happy 1st birthday Freja!

Happy birthday to my beautiful Freja - still growing, in both size and character, but such a beautiful soul inside and out (except when she is nipping my trousers cos I haven't fed her quick enough!!). She's put up with a lot and still kept a lovely temper, she keeps Odin warm and snuggly, keeps...
  16. D

Zzzzzzzzzz...

Sharing just because... :love: I particularly like Odin's little foot hanging off the edge of the bed in the last one :D
  17. D

Porthole to banana world

On a miserable day like today was, what else could we do but give the bunnies a port hole? They quite like it because it seems to have a magic supply of banana.... And then I finally replaced their cardboard baby box hammock with a custom made fabric hammock bed, with new...
  18. D

Ranitidine

Odin has been sent home with 5 days with of ranitidine twice a day, with the option to continue with this as needed. The reasoning behind it is that his gut has been not quite right for a while and we aren't exactly sure why - hopefully it was just the minor teeth issue, or the blocked lacrimal...
  19. D

New bunny hides?

Anyone seen the new Kong cat play spaces? There's a couple that would be amazing for bunnies, a little camper van, a burrow tunnel, a little cottage. I'm quite tempted by the activity mat for mine (I think the houses will be too small) but I might just make my own so I can fine tune it more for...
  20. D

Vibes for Odin

Could he have any going spare please? He's going in tomorrow to get x-rays of his head, spine and back legs to try to get to the bottom of his various niggles. The past few days he's been relying on metacam to stave off stasis I think, and his eyes and nose are still just not quite right. So we...
Back