• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Mouth Ulcers and Pus

Hi everyone, I hope that you're all well. I've been inactive on here for a while, and feel bad logging in just ask for advice. I could really do with your expert opinions though. Mid last week, my little Lily was off her food. She had been completely fine the day before. The neighbour's have a...
  2. B

First Time House Bunnies!

Hi everyone, long time, no post :wave: So...we are moving! To a very rural village. There's plenty of space for my bunnies to be outdoors in the long run if we feel that's a better option, but initially at least, they will have to be house rabbits, as any outdoor accommodation will need to be...
  3. B

Is it okay to use two different vet surgeries?

Hi everyone, I apologise if this is a really dumb question. When my bridge bun Hammy began going downhill last year, he was going to the out of hours vet hospital quite frequently. Soon after we heard rumours (which turned out to be untrue) that our regular vet surgery was closing, and that we...
  4. B

Have you ever been visited by a bridge bun?

I had an experience this morning that I can't explain. I was filling up the hay feeders in the bunny shed when I heard the sound of little feet charging into the shed. My head was down with my hair over my face, so I couldn't see who it was, but I said 'Hello Lily, is that you?' I then looked...
  5. B

Hamilton 2013 - 26th October 2022

I'm so heartbroken to announce that we helped Hamilton cross the rainbow bridge yesterday evening. This past week, he just seemed to be winding down. He didn't feel much like eating, he wasn't very active...that zest for life sparkle was fading from his eyes. Yesterday I wrapped him up in a...
  6. B

Probiotics for Rabbits?

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with probiotics designed for rabbits? Since his dental last Tuesday, Hammy has been getting bloated after he eats. It does pass, but I can see that he is uncomfortable. As he is an old boy, I think maybe going under anaesthetic has stressed his...
  7. B

Friends Make Everything Better

After a worrying 48 hours of being kept indoors, Hammy is like a different bunny this afternoon! This morning I was cradling him in tears, thinking it was his time. He was bloated, lethargic, didn't have much of an appetite at all and just looked utterly depressed. It occurred to me that maybe...
  8. B

How do you know when it is time to PTS?

I know that putting to sleep is a very personal decision, but I'm so torn about Hamilton and what is right for his welfare. He has been very up and down since the summer. He had a dental at a RWAF gold rated vet earlier this week. Even though his spurs were only small, they were clearly enough...
  9. B

I Fostered a Bun!

So this was a bit last minute/spur of the moment... Today I helped a lady local to me, catch a stray bunny that has been living in her garden this past week. She's a very pretty bun, and absolutely terrified of people, poor thing. She will be with me for just a couple of days before she goes to...
  10. B

Preparing to make 'the call'...

Hi everyone, My little Hammy boy has gone downhill quite suddenly in the past couple of weeks. As you may know, he had quite a bad episode of stasis during the big heatwave and had to stay in the vet hospital on a drip overnight. He bounced back quite well from that and seemed normal again for...
  11. B

Blockage Question

Will a rabbit willingly eat food if they have a blockage? Hammy has had stasis on and off since the 1st heatwave a few weeks ago. It brought on a 2nd moult very suddenly. He is under the weather again today. He was eating fine this morning and then off his food again by the afternoon. I gave...
  12. B

Flour Mites

I think that Maple might have flour mites. The rabbits are all having a second moult at the moment and when I brushed her, there were little white bits like dandruff in the fur. I've never seen this before but when I googled it, this is the closest thing that I could see. The other two had...
  13. B

Elderly Bun Maintenance Metacam?

Hi everyone, My elder-bun Hamilton is now 9 years old. For the past couple of years he has had stasis twice a year on average. In the past month, he has had stasis three times. His teeth were recently seen to so I know they are fine, but the heatwave caused a second moult and despite me...
  14. B

Managing Megacolon Buns?

Hi everyone, hope you're all well <3 I've been starting to feel quite sure for a while now that my bunny Maple might have Megacolon. She has always struggled to gain weight - her pelvis is quite square and she generally feels very bony to the touch. As she is tortoiseshell coloured, it sort of...
  15. B

Manor Pet Housing Have Closed

It appears that Manor Pet Housing have closed, they have deleted their website and all of their social media pages. There was no announcement saying that they were closing but they very much seem to have disappeared :( Does anyone know what happened? My bunnies love their MPH litter trays, I was...
  16. B

Rabbits Being Housed With Primates at Monkey Sanctuary

Hello all, Really distressing to see on Facebook, some rabbits being kept in with primates at a sanctuary in Swansea - https://www.facebook.com/walesapeandmonkeysanctuary One of the rabbits appears to have a big chunk missing from its ear (ear is intact in other photos, suggesting that it was...
  17. B

Bonding Particularly Nervous Rabbits

Hi everyone, I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to bonding, it has been a while. Since we lost our lovely Jellybean yesterday, we're going to have to start thinking about introducing Hamilton to Lily and Maple. Hammy boy does not do well on his own, when Beatrice passed away he got very...
  18. B

Stasis X-Ray

Hi everyone, I feel bad asking for advice because I'm not an active member on the forum anymore (lots of life stuff has been going on, but that's a whole other story). My poor Jellybean has just had an x-ray and I could really do with some advice and reassurance :cry: Last night I noticed that...
  19. B

Storm Bunnies

Jellybean says she couldn't give a hoot about Storm Eunice! 20220218_093802 by Rayfriend_Brown, on Flickr
  20. B

Stasis Advice

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I haven't been on the forum for months...have had lots going on in my personal life. Thankfully the bunnies have been well during that time, up until today. Hamilton started to seem stasis-y after breakfast this morning. He ate brambles and hay but then seemed...
Back