• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Scrappy's Little Helper

Weird things that annoy your bunnies

Fudgie and Scipio have some funny quirks. I think I've mentioned this before, but Fudgie gets annoyed if I brush anything. So if I brush anything off my clothes or brush a bit of fluff off the bed, she'll get annoyed and start thumping. I haven't dared bring out my lint brush since her epic...
  2. Scrappy's Little Helper

Scipio's first trip to the vet and it was an ordeal...

...for the vet! Scipio has been out of sorts today. He was unusually quiet, unable to settle and hadn't eaten or pooped anything for around 4 hours. He refused the fresh herbs i offered so I decided we really needed to go and see the vet. At the appointment I warned the vet he was, ahem...
  3. Scrappy's Little Helper

Bonding take 2

Hi all I thought I'd start a new thread to chart the progress of Fudgie and Inky's bond. They've spent the last week living side by side, separated by a wire mesh barrier. Thankfully there was little aggression between them, more wary curiosity. I started the official bond about an hour ago...
  4. Scrappy's Little Helper

Inky is here!

Inky has arrived home safely after a long cab ride home. He seems to be settling in ok. He came straight out of the carrier and had a bit of an explore around the bedroom where he's temporarily sectioned off from Fudgie. He doesn't really seem that nervous at all. He is very taken with the bus...
  5. Scrappy's Little Helper

A friend for Fudgie/ Update!

As some of you may know, Fudgie is now on her own after we sadly lost Snoopy last week. Fudgie very much prefers rabbit company to humans and is very lost and lonely on her own. Unfortunately I feel that I'm little comfort to her. I therefore feel I need to look into getting her a friend sooner...
  6. Scrappy's Little Helper

Can I have vibes for Fudgie too now please

Hi all Fudgie is currently staying in at the vet hospital. I've been out for most of the day. When I left at 10 this morning she was perfectly fine, running around and eating and pooing. I came back around 4 and I could see straight away she wasn't right. She didn't react to me coming and was...
  7. Scrappy's Little Helper

Snoopy has an ear infection/ really bad update :(

I took Snoopy to the vet this evening as he seems to be having issues with his left ear. He's been scratching it a fair bit and holding his head slightly to the left. He also appeared to have lost weight. The vet confirmed there is some discharge in the ear and he has lost weight. He's not...
  8. Scrappy's Little Helper

Another trip to the emergency vet...

I've had to take Fudgie to the vet this evening. She was perfectly fine this morning but then became unusually quiet in the afternoon. I started to get that familiar dread feeling in my stomach that something wasn't right but decided to monitor for the time being. Then she started to look...
  9. Scrappy's Little Helper

Stasis and vaccination question

Hi all The bunnies are due at the vet this morning for their vaccinations. Unfortunately when I got up this morning, Snoopy was hiding away and is refusing any food I'm offering. I'm going to phone the vet as soon as they open and explain that he needs to be examined for stasis symptoms when...
  10. Scrappy's Little Helper

Ssshhhh!!!

Bunnies sleeping! Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
  11. Scrappy's Little Helper

Bonus toys!

I was having a clear out this afternoon and found a collection of willow balls I must have bought ages ago but had completely forgotten about. More stuff to add to the existing toy mountain! Here's Snoopy enjoying a good chomp. Fudgie ran away when I went to take a photo [emoji38] Sent from...
  12. Scrappy's Little Helper

I missed my bunnies' big moment

I'm just back from an all day event at work. Business priorities, workshops etc etc Prior to today, we all had to contribute to a video celebrating our achievements from 2019. This involved sending in photos of ourselves holding up placards detailing said achievements. I didn't want to faff...
  13. Scrappy's Little Helper

A hay recommendation

Hi all Just wanted to give a heads up on a new hay I recently got for my buns. On my latest hay experts order I decided to get them to try out the green oat forage hay. I was a bit apprehensive about getting green oat again as the last batch I got was from timothyhay.co.uk and did not prove...
  14. Scrappy's Little Helper

Heard something interesting about metaclop last night

I was at the emergency vet around midnight last night with Fudgie. She wasn't eating and was showing signs of abdominal discomfort. She seems to be doing a lot better today: running around as normal, has pooped and been eating hay so hopefully we've managed to nip a stasis episode in the bud...
  15. Scrappy's Little Helper

Fudgie, what goes on inside your head?!

Both bunnies happily next to each other in the litter tray munching on hay. Fudgie then inexplicably decides to burrow underneath Snoops and tries to jack him up like the back end of a car! He's a kilo heavier than her so that's never going to happen! I wish I'd videoed it as her head started...
  16. Scrappy's Little Helper

I just knew they were going to do this...

My buns always have at least three different types of hay. At the moment the three are the ings, Timothy hay and orchard grass hay from timothyhay.co.uk. I did another hay order this evening as we're starting to run low on the ings and Timothy. For the past week, neither of my buns have touched...
  17. Scrappy's Little Helper

Suspected URTI advice please

Hi all I'm just looking for advice from people with experience of URTIs. I mentioned this in another thread in Chat, but last Friday Fudgie suddenly began sneezing a lot. I took her to the vet on Monday. There is no discharge or crusting on her chest or paws, she is bright and eating and...
  18. Scrappy's Little Helper

It's been a long night...

I had to take Snoopy to the vet yesterday afternoon as he was starting to tummy press and refuse food. No obvious issues on examination. He is going through another moult and that does seem to trigger gut slow downs despite my best efforts to prevent it. He always likes to sleep on my bed when...
  19. Scrappy's Little Helper

Can I have vibes for Fudgie

Hi all Fudgie has been admitted at the vet hospital with stasis and any spare vibes would be very much appreciated. Went to bed last night and she was absolutely fine, eating and pooping normally. Woke up this morning and there was something off about her. Wasn't interested in her breakfast...
  20. Scrappy's Little Helper

Ahoy there shipmates!

The bunny boat arrived this week and I think it looks fabulous! Being inspected by the crew: Ding ding! The bunny bus also arrived: Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back