• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weird things that annoy your bunnies

Fudgie and Scipio have some funny quirks. I think I've mentioned this before, but Fudgie gets annoyed if I brush anything. So if I brush anything off my clothes or brush a bit of fluff off the bed, she'll get annoyed and start thumping. I haven't dared bring out my lint brush since her epic tantrum when I last used it!

Scipio's one is even weirder. I have a water bottle by my bed and he does angry thumps whenever I screw or unscrew the lid. It's got to the point where I've ended up saying "Scips, is it ok if I have a sip of water?" before having a drink! I suppose I could switch to a glass but I worry I might knock it over.

What strange, seemingly innocuous, things upset your bunnies?

:lol: hairy little dictators. I remember Fudgie objected to brushing but Scipio's sounds even more of a control freak. So they want you covered in fluff & dehydrated.

Boo is v chill, I can seriously do no wrong :love: but Eddy I annoy a lot. Most of its normal stuff like tipping out bagged kale for tea, catching him wood chiselling etc. He gets annoyed if I am still wearing my trainers when I sit on the sofa. He unties my laces then wont leave my feet alone til they're off.

Joey used to get upset if I took my clothes off :lol:

They are hairy dictators! I'll be apologising for breathing soon...

Oh dear, I hope your confidence wasn't knocked too badly by Joey's reaction to you getting your kit off!

Aw bless chilled out Boo. She's clearly a girl who doesn't sweat the small stuff. I can't really blame Eddy for getting a bit narky, it does sound as though you are hindering him in his important projects. Particularly the house remodelling.

Hairy dictators :lol:

Bing is mega mega chilled, I think being disabled he learnt not to react to anything.

Bella on the other hand is a hairy diva.

Phillip really hates the sound of me brushing my hair :lol:

and this one surprised me, I was sterilising some ball pit balls that I'd gotten off marketplace a couple of months ago, then putting them back into the ball pit and Phillip was fuming about it!

Phillip really hates the sound of me brushing my hair :lol:

and this one surprised me, I was sterilising some ball pit balls that I'd gotten off marketplace a couple of months ago, then putting them back into the ball pit and Phillip was fuming about it!

Hahaha what, who knows why he was angry? :lol:

Cookie gets angry at every sound my phone makes. Music from my phone, ad sound, call sound are all included. Yesterday I heard an ad sound on my phone and cookie was eating hay. Suddenly he came out of the hay and ran in front of me and growled at me with his mouth. Ad sound was only 3-4 seconds :lol:

One of my bridge bunnies, Frosty, used to get annoyed at going to the vets. I’d get the Nethie death stare for ages after. One year when we put the Christmas tree up he was clearly annoyed too and we got glared at for that :lol:

Aw I do miss bunnies and their quirks, but love reading about them :) Thinking back, I can't remember my bridge bunnies, Toffee and Treacle, getting annoyed about anything really, apart from Treacle when I cleaned out their room. She would grumble and move everything back to how it was, then give me "the look" :lol:

this is a good thread ...I'm enjoying reading about all our bunnies controlling antics.

The worst strop Eddy had was when we removed the armchair legsa in the lounge (we were bonding in there & needed easy access). He was absolutely inconsolable, stomps, tail wags & I'm sure there was some audio too. I get it though, that was his safe away from us space - he didn't know it was a step in the process to securing love from Boobly bear. Quite ironic though as the bed in the spare room will be without legs one day if he keeps chowing down on them :lol:

My bunnies start panicking when I start dusting or cleaning walls. Its Oreo that panics and starts running about stamping her foot that sets the others off immediately. I think she thinks that something is moving above her like a bird of pray or something.

Dusty tends to stamp when she's scared. A car engine revving or a helicopter circling sets her off. A thump is nearly always followed by a zoomie.

Dusty tends to stamp when she's scared. Often something outside the house like a car engine revving or a helicopter circling sets her off. A thump is nearly always followed by a zoomie.

Milo got mad once when I turned the tv channel over, he was watching the boxing. I had to turn the channel back so he could watch the end of the fight. He settled down and went to sleep when it was over :lol:

Millie used to get mad if her favourite wrestler wasn't on the show that week :lol:

I love this thread. How dare we annoy our bunnies. :lol:

Sophie really disapproves whenever I have the hiccups. She'll thump and thump and thump. I've tried explaining to her that I can't help it, but she doesn't care. :lol:

If we've run out of kale sticks (we eat the leafy bits: we're mean bunny parents ;P) Chibbs will give us the absolute near-Nethie death stare. She used to dig at Matt's trousers and chew his laces when it was getting in time from the lawn. None of them have ever liked really loud low helicopters which is unfortunate as we live under the flightpath for the local hospital landing site! Most of the flights are OK though. Chibbs also wasn't keen on 747s which are rare in these parts (we're also under EMA flightpath). Aboleth went bonkers if anyone was more than 2' off the ground, up a ladder or on the roof or something, but we think that was actually to do with her being scared because she couldn't see it properly (one-eyed). Planes and helicopters and buzzards though? Usually no bother for her ;P

Chibbs did go through a stage of hating me wearing a hood. Just me. She seems fine now, and any other hat was fine too!

Lint roller...
My bunnies' No. 1 pet peeve. I literally had to take their bedding into a distant room to remove fur/hay from them. Fiver would thump nonstop till he heard me put the wretched thing away (and treatos were of course a pacifying requirement.)

Back