• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. MimzMum

Candle Ceremony 31~December~2023

Welcome to the Candle Ceremony thread for 2023. As always, here is where we remember all our loved ones, be they animal or human family, who have passed over the Rainbow Bridge into Paradise this year. Whatever our belief systems, our cultures or our experiences in life, there is one thing that...
  2. MimzMum

Farewell Sully ;_;

Taken too soon. You would've had a good life with me. It just wasn't meant to be. I can't cope. Too soon after losing Jenna. Too much grief to bear. I hope I made the time we had together happy for you, sweet boy. I hope you and Jenna can see me from the Bridge. Take care of each other till I...
  3. MimzMum

Jenna 5-17-08 to 10-9-23

It's been a whole week since you left my life, precious girl. I still can't believe you are really gone. :cry: I haven't gotten your photos ready for your memorial thread, but it seemed wrong to let this day pass without recognizing the incredible emptiness that surrounds each moment without...
  4. MimzMum

~Candle Ceremony 2019~ In Loving Memorial of Friends Never Forgotten

Hello everyone, It's that time of year again. Thank you all for allowing me to lead this thread which has become our annual tradition. :love: Here is the sacred space where we come to remember those we have had to say tearful goodbyes to over the last 12 months, and to remember fondly those...
  5. MimzMum

Griffyn - February 24, 2001 - December 12, 2018

At approximately 6 PM this evening, my precious Griffyn was helped over the Rainbow Bridge, ironically on my Bridge dog Shadow's birthday. My heart has joined the thousand.... As you journey to Star Clan, my brave warrior, there's no words to express how devastated I am. So I will post these...
  6. MimzMum

~ Candle Ceremony ~ New Year's Eve 2017

Hello everyone, It's that time of year again when we make a thread dedicated to remembering our loved ones we have lost over the recent year. I hope no one minds if I begin this thread at this time today, circumstances beyond my control will not afford me another opportunity. If possible could...
  7. MimzMum

Fiver has come home

Picked up his ashes this afternoon :cry: There is no end to the emptiness in my home and heart. :(
  8. MimzMum

Brought Mimzy's ashes home today

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: The box is the same tacky one as Pip's, but it is the lightness of it that is shocking. I know he was a slip of himself at the end, but......... :(
  9. MimzMum

Fiver ~ Gotcha Day Augst 20, 2008 - September 5, 2017

At around 4 pm this afternoon, My Beloved Fiver went to be with his friends at Rainbow Bridge. I cannot even begin to eulogize hm, but wanted to mark his passing. Sleep well, little Hrairoo. I'm so sorry we couldn't do anymore for you. This world is a cruel place and you are more fortunate...
  10. MimzMum

Mimzy ~Gotcha Day: July 16, 2007, Farewell Son of El-arairah August 29, 2017

I don't know that I am in the right head space to create this tribute now, but wanted to let you all know that Mimzy passed peacefully into Paradise at approximately 4 PM this afternoon. He was stubborn to the last, taking his time and giving me all that I needed to say goodbye. I will never...
  11. MimzMum

An update on Fiver

So on this sad day, when I was fearing I'd have to let both my last bunnies go, we have a reprieve. The vet could not find anything broken on Fiver. His back is intact. That's not to say he hasn't thrown a clot or pinched something, apparently it doesn't take much. Only one of his rear legs has...
  12. MimzMum

Peaceful passing vibes requested please U/D Mimzy is finally at peace

I finally managed to arrange a suitable euthanasia appointment for Mimzy, only to have him deteriorate this weekend. I believe he may be leaving us shortly under his own power. I would've called an out of hours vet if I could have but no one is available till Tuesday. He is as comfortable as...
  13. MimzMum

I don't really know where else to put this :( *warning-thread regarding PTS*

Can someone please explain to me why a vet would choose IP injection protocol for a rabbit instead of proper euthanasia? (As in what's used for cats or dogs?) My vets in Alaska said they'd do whatever they could to find a vein instead of pericardial injection when the time came. My current vets...
  14. MimzMum

Brambles? Could I please get a quick opinion on these plants?

Hello everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. Work has me running like a headless chicken but I'm so glad to have a job. I had a question about forage that I'd like to pose. My yard has things in it that look like raspberry canes but they produce neither flowers, nor fruit. I'm wondering, since...
  15. MimzMum

Is marigold spray safe for bunnies?

Found a big :censored: fly dead in the bunny room, fell off Fiver's enclosure as I lifted it to clean it tonight. My neighbor gave me marigold spray (all natural) to use to try and de-skunk Ebon, but reading the label apparently it is good for repelling flies for horses. Just wondered if it...
  16. MimzMum

Mimzy rolled yesterday U/D post #25 good outcome :)

I'm going to apologize in advance for this long post after being pretty much awol for weeks. I'm at the end of my tether and don't know where else to turn with this. I was scared to death yesterday because Mimzy rolled. There is nothing more terrifying than a bunny in an out of control barrel...
  17. MimzMum

It has been a year today

My precious girl, Tooey. I never made that bridge tribute for you. I am so very sorry. I put my hand on your casket last evening and thought about how it had been a year today since we said goodbye. I don't feel your presence as much as I used to. I wonder if you stayed back at the old house. I...
  18. MimzMum

Ranitidine - gut motility agent, yea or nay?

I posed this question to my new vet here and he said this drug has no effect on gut motility in rabbits. Is this correct? I've been hoping that both Mimzy and Fiver could benefit from this drug, not only to keep their tummies from swimming in acid whilst taking metacam, but to keep their guts...
  19. MimzMum

A wee video of Fiver ~ Pokemon Style ;) Fixed Video?

I spent hours today trying to figure out how to shorten a video I had of Fiver throwing mad binkies that I'd filmed a few months ago. I then got really silly and put in captions and a background track to make it into a Pokemon themed bit. Forgive me for this, but I got such a chuckle out of the...
  20. MimzMum

Could I ask for more vibes please? Mimzy this time :(

My poor wee man is not looking so well last night and today. Not certain of the issue but there's little going in water/foodwise and diminished stuff coming out. As his leg is still a constant issue with scald I fear that he is just getting more uncomfortable despite our being able to keep it...
Back