• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. R

WEE on carpets?

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, sorry mods if not, just let me know and i'll move it. We're moving house a week today, and Rupert and Tia are going to be house rabbits. We have converted the cupboard under the stairs (with a mesh door) for them, but they'll only be in there when...
  2. R

Itchy eye (just one) and closing it

Last night, Rupert had his left eye closed, then he was opening it for a while, then scratching at it and closing it. It was a bit watery, I tried to see if there was anything obviously in it (he has had a piece of hay in his eye before) but I couldn't see anything obvious. I used cooled...
  3. R

Under stairs cupboard

Hi All, at the moment Rupert and Tia live outside in a shed - but, we're buying a house and want them to be house rabbits (Rupert loves cosy, heating, blanket, carpets etc and we think it will help so much with Tia's confidence - they'll still have supervised outside time). The house we've put...
  4. R

Baby Wildie I tried to save you :(

I rescued a baby wildie last night. We were on the way to shopping and seen a crow dragging a baby wildie across the road, but the baby was trying to hop away, hubby was driving so I beeped the horn trying to get the crow to leave bunny alone (who was putting up such a good fight, it was fine...
  5. R

Fenugreek Crunchies... have they changed???

Sooo, what with Rupert's tummy issues, the only things my two can have are pineapple and papaya melange and fenugreek crunchies... I order loads of packs at a time, we've run out, ordered some, they've arrived... The fenugreek crunchies look different!! They're darker, and look like they've got...
  6. R

Hay in eye warning..

Sorry if this isn't the right place, I just wanted to say please please please be careful with the small pieces of hay at the bottom of bags... we got home last night, let R&T out, seen something in Rupert's eye: I thought it was fluff at first, so got him on my lap (easy to do with him with...
  7. R

Rupert - Fibreplex help

Rupert spent 24 hours in the vets again, got home from work on Monday to him lying on his side, not moving, barely breathing, no obvious swollen tummy, but freezing cold, rushed him to vet (but he'd kinda 'come round' abit by then) she gave him metacam injection and told me to give him metoclop...
  8. R

buprenorphine (rupert again)

Rupert had another gas attack tonight, took him vets (was bad one) and she gave him zantac, metacam and burenorphine. He's out of it.... as in, he can't move, looks stoned.... is buprenorphine vetergesic? Should he have been given metoclop? He's eaten some pellets since coming home, and a bit of...
  9. R

What causes so many??

It seems that bunnies seem to get poorly at the same times - what I mean is, this week, bunnies all over the place seem to be getting poorly - Rupert last night, he's been fine since October, but last night, took himself off, I did the 'pellet test' (rattle the tub), and nothing, he just lay...
  10. R

Bunny christmas present raiding...

Sooooo, I'm doing a few secret santas this year for various bunnies, and of course the rescue one.... got a huuuuge order from Hay Experts yesterday, and sat on the sitting room floor making sure everything was still there, and seperating them into the piles for various bunnies.... included in...
  11. R

Why would rabbits not get winter coats through?

Rupert isn't getting his winter coat, it was 2 degrees in shed last night and I'm worried about him getting cold... he's still got his thin summer coat :( Should I be worried?
  12. R

Metacam - urgent help please - Also emperid / metoclop

I picked rupert up from his dental last night at 6, he was unsteady on his feet, but ate pellets and did a few poops, he's eating pellets and small amonts of hay today and has done 100 poops since 5pm tonight, so he's feeling a little better... My question is... on thursday i was given metacam...
  13. R

Rupert's first dental today :(

Following on from Rupert's recent tummy issues, he started to act 'not himself' last night, so rather than wait for the gas, I took him to the vet (before it turned to emergency times!) and he's got a spike slightly touching his tongue on the left... it may be the cause, it may not (is it...
  14. R

urgent... metoclopramide

Rupert has gas again :-(the emergency vet is 40 mins away n stresses him out Sooooo much.... they gave me metoclopramide last time (2nd august)... How long can it be keptzzz
  15. R

Metoclopromide...

How long can the syrup be kept for?
  16. R

Rupert bloat AGAIN! questions please :(

Well, I dunno if you remember, but a few months back, Rupert had to spend 24 hours in the emergency vet as he got bloat (again, it was the third time!) and the vet could feel a mass (which was probably compacted food, as it passed). He'd been fine since then, until 3 weeks ago - he did the oh so...
  17. R

Carrier recomendations please

Sorry if this is the wrong section :oops: Our carrier now only has two locks on it, so we need a new one, ideally thats got top and front opening - big enough for both of the rabbits :) Can I have all your recommendations please?
  18. R

Ignoring each other... I need help!!! - U/D 4th feb

So, as you may konw, Rupert was kept in the vets for 24 hours on wednesday - thursday and they wouldn't let tia stay.... we brought rupes home thursday and since then, they've pretty much ignored each other, its awful :( Their bond was so strong before, and we're at a loss as to what to do...
  19. R

What bushes / trees ??

Rupert had a check up at the vet this morning, and he's got spikes on his teeth - when he had his vaccination at the end of Dec he had perfect teeth, but i've not been able to cut any apple twigs cos the tree is looking pretty bare, it obviously why! Sooooo, what we're going to do is get...
  20. R

Vetergesic m/dose ??

Got Rupert home last night - he's not quite himself yet, and he and Tia are not the same with each other :( we think becaue he doesn't smell the same and isn't acting the same. No aggression though, although she did thump and make the 'go away' smell... I got his itemised bill.... he's had 3 x...
Back