• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Jolysium

Am I allowed to post items for sale?

Thank you! I will look at that 😊
  2. Jolysium

Am I allowed to post items for sale?

Hi all. I’ve got a couple of runaround den snugs that I bought for my bunnies a year or two ago but that have hardly been used. Unfortunately I decided that my bunnies were too old and had too many mobility issues to use them safely so I never gave them to them. I was wondering if it was ok to...
  3. Jolysium

Dinner has arrived!

Wow, what happy bunnies they must be [emoji7]
  4. Jolysium

Thumping

Maybe they just want to maintain an air of mystery [emoji23]
  5. Jolysium

Thumping

I had thought it might be this until we had some building work done that shook the entire house. I’d been really worried about it and was poised to evacuate if he seemed stressed. He pretty much slept through the wall below him being removed!
  6. Jolysium

Thumping

Hmm, yes, I have wondered if he has dementia. Sometimes he seems to forget where his food goes even though I am careful to put everything in the same place for him as he can’t see.
  7. Jolysium

Thumping

Hi everyone. One of my bunnies thumps a lot at apparently nothing. There’s no trigger that we can identify. He lives alone in our living room and we spend most of the day with him. He’s 12 years old, deaf and blind, but otherwise healthy. He’ll sometimes thump a few times, then immediately...
  8. Jolysium

How do you know when it’s ‘time’?

Thank you [emoji4]
  9. Jolysium

Thank you, I really appreciate your thoughts [emoji3590] I’m sorry for your losses, it is so hard when they get old and leave us.
  10. Jolysium

Thank you, that’s really useful to see the grimace scale, I will try to objectively assess. Her sleeping a lot started before the mobility issues and before gabapentin was started. Her dose has been increased recently though so maybe she’s even snoozier than usual because of that. I have given...
  11. Jolysium

Thank you. She’s pretty healthy otherwise and her digestion is fine, she is still passing nice big bombs. The arthritis is very longstanding - she has had a wonky leg since I adopted her aged under 1, so likely from birth. Her only other issue is sticky eye discharge, which is managed with...
  12. Jolysium

Thanks Zoobec. Food has always been her favourite thing. I’m just not sure if the few minutes a day she has food are enough to be any kind of quality of life. She’s asleep the rest of the time.
  13. Jolysium

This is my lovely Heidi.
  14. Jolysium

Hi everyone. I’m really struggling and would appreciate your thoughts, though I know no one else can really know or make the decision. It’s about my 12 year old bunny Heidi. She has had decreased mobility and may have injured her foot a while ago (swollen and crepitus but undetermined if...
  15. Jolysium

GI ulcers in bunnies

Thanks. Hopefully if it is an ulcer the ranitidine will help it settle. He has been on medication for arthritis but to be honest I don’t think it’s been too big a problem for him, he still leaps on and off the sofa with no trouble. I wonder if it’s holding him that is exacerbating the pain from...
  16. Jolysium

Hardly any threads showing up

Thanks everyone! User error strikes again [emoji1787]
  17. Jolysium

Lacey isn't herself today

I hope Lacey is ok. Any slight changes in my bunnies behaviour makes me very nervous, they are such creatures of routine!
  18. Jolysium

GI ulcers in bunnies

So… I just gave Harribun his dose of gabapentin. He took it ok, ate his parsley treat, then had a weird stress or pain episode, flopping on to his side and breathing really quickly. Lasted about five minutes max and I was about to ring the vet when he stood up, cleaned himself, and ate some hay...
  19. Jolysium

GI ulcers in bunnies

He said he thought there was slight regeneration. I didn’t fully understand, is that for seeing if it’s a chronic thing?
  20. Jolysium

Tips for keeping bunnies warm

Thank you, I will look for some of those [emoji4]
Back