• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Day room / Night room Q's

Hiya Well, construction of the new hutch is well and truly underway (I'm taking pics as we go along and will post once complete) ....... however, when I was reading through some RSPCA notes I have about hutches I noticed that it said each rabbit should have its own sleeping area. We were...
  2. B

Bunny Books

:wave: Can anyone recommend any good bunny books on care or behaviour etc?? I've been looking at 'Why Does My Rabbit .........?' on Amazon but wondered if anyone had any other recommendations?? Or any opinions on that book?? Cheers :D
  3. B

How Tall is your run??

:wave: Just wondering how tall your runs are?? OH and I are building a new hutch and run for the buns. Originally we were going to make the run the same height as the first floor ceiling of the hutch which would make it 2ft 6 .... but for binkying/jumping/playing etc purposses I'd like to...
  4. B

Bunny Insurance 'v' Saving Up!

:wave: Here I am with all my questions again, sorry to be a pest but I just want to know I'm doing things right. I'm thinking of getting bunny insurance for my two but OH thinks that instead I should put the money I would spend on insurance aside each month and just save up so that I can pay...
  5. B

Hutch/Run size - Big Enough??

:wave: We're on with the design for the buns new hutch and so far its working out to have 2 levels, the top level will be 5ft wide by 3ft deep by 2ft tall, the lower level will be 5ft wide by 3ft deep by 2ft 6 inches tall with a run attached that's adding an extra 7ft by 5ft (2ft 6 inches...
  6. B

What Type of Bunny Greens do you grow?

:wave: Just wondered what weird and wonderful things you grow for your bunnies to Nom on? I've just bought some dandelion seeds (never thought I'd end up growing them - on purpose) and was having a nosey round ebay at meadow grass etc etc. Do you grow any specific bunny greens? And if so...
  7. B

Hay Bales - where do you store yours?

Hi all :wave: Just found a place near me delivers hay bales and they're only a fiver each, which I thought was quite a bargain. Problem is, I don't really know how/where to store it. We don't have a shed or garage so I just wondered where you all store yours? A friend of mine has suggested...
  8. B

Breeders / Pet Shop Q's

Did any of you get your rabbits from breeders or pet shops? And is it really terrible if you do? I'm just thinking surely babies from a breeder need rescuing too, otherwise they could end up being sold to any Tom D!ck or Harry? Unless the breeder does home checks of course, which I very much...
  9. B

Waterproofing inside of hutch

Hiya OH is currently working on the bunnies new hutch and came up with a great idea of waterproofing the whole of the inside of the hutch so that we can hose it down inside! We thought that putting lino on the walls/floor/ceiling would be the best way forward, but then we hit a problem - how...
  10. B

Hutch / Run / Sizes / Shapes

Hiya, I wonder if someone could help. I've read that rabbit hutches have to be a minimum of 36ft ..... surely this is cubic feet?? (ie/ including height, as in 6ft x 3ft x 2ft). Otherwise, if that's just floor space, hutches everywhere are gonna have to be mahooosive!! I'm designing it so...
  11. B

Rabbit Insurance

Hiya Please could you point me in the right direction for bunny insurance?? I've had a quote from petplan but just wondered if anyone could recommend any other companies that cover bunnies (so I can compare price and level of cover etc.)?? Also, how much do you pay per bun per month? Thanks.
  12. B

Building a Hutch - ?? Materials ??

Hi there My OH is going to build me a hutch for two bunnies and he's asked me if its ok to use tanalised timber to build it! Not having a clue what that is, I thought I'd ask on here. If its not ok - any ideas what would be?? Also, one of his suggestions was to maybe make the shell of it out...
  13. B

Bedding / Rabbit Litter etc

Sorry for being a bit thick but what do you all use in your hutches/bunnie sheds? Is it normal hay for bedding and then do you use the megazorb just in litter trays or do you use it generally in the 'living' area. My friend has a rabbit and she uses sawdust (but not the really fine stuff) on...
  14. B

Size of mini lops??

Hiya could anyone tell me what size mini lops usually grow to? I've seen 'normal' sized lops and just wondered how mini, mini lops are. Thanks J x
  15. B

Building a Hutch/Small shed - advice please

Hiya I'm hoping to get a couple of bunnies in a few weeks and my Hubby has offered to build a hutch/small shed and a run. Just wondered if you could give me some advice as to the absolute do's and don'ts of hutch making? IE/ Is there anything that you would regard as a 'must have' orrr any...
  16. B

Cost of keeping bunnies

Hi all Newbie here .......I'm hoping to get a couple of bunnies in the next few weeks and just wondered, before I dive in feet first .... what would you say is the cost of keeping bunnies per month? My husband is going to build a hutch/small shed and a run for them so don't need to include...
Back