• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Gem 333

change in behaviour/biting

Hello, Im looking for some advice. I have a female spayed rabbit Shakeira, and it took me 7ish months to get her bonded with Dylon, and once they were, it was just so lovely!! Unfortunately, around a month into the bonding, Dylon died (we think from some sort of liver disease). It was...
  2. Gem 333

nooooo - another dental

3. Gem 333

Are we bonded

4. Gem 333

Teeth problem

Hi, I had Dylon at the vets on Thursday as he had stopped eating his hay and Science selective pellets (very unlike him!) and his poops were squidgy. The only thing he would eat was grass trimmed from the garden, herbs etc. They took him in for dental surgery on Friday and he came round ok...
  5. Gem 333

Obsessive humping

Hi, I wrote a little while ago about bonding Shakeira with our new neutered rescue bun, Dylon. I have put them together a couple of times, but he will not stop trying to hump her - obsessively, and she doesnt like it. She is not particularly aggressive towards him when he does it, just runs...
  6. Gem 333

Shakeira has a new friend - doesnt seem to want one!!

Hi:wave: So, after Shakeira's (spayed) recent norty behaviour, we went to a rescue and left with Dylon, a neutered male. He is Gorgeous, and such a good boy!! Shakeira is free range, and we had Dylon in an indoor cage in the living room. Shakeira came in, and they were sniffing each other...
  7. Gem 333

hmm - dilemma!!

Hey, Well, i have finally convinced my oh that getting a husbun for Shakeira is the only way to cure her destructive behaviour, and now have a bit of a dilemma on my hands. I went to a garden centre today and met an ADORABLE bunny, who is around the 5 month mark id say. I held him and then...
  8. Gem 333

please help im at the end of my tether with her

hi i posted on here a while back about shakeira and her chewing she is getting worse in the old flat she was a lovely calm happy rabbit and now she is like a devil rabbit she is chewing everything all of the time i put her in her cage to try and calm her down and she just rattles the bars...
  9. Gem 333

Side effects of VHD vaccine - please help

Hi, Shakeira went for her VHD vaccine yesterday at 12.30, and as usual, she was an angel for the vet!!:love: But she seemed really quiet last nite, but ate her tea, then hopped off upstairs. She's pretty much stayed in the same spot all night, but she did come down for her breakfast, and has...
  10. Gem 333

Please help, she won't stop chewing

Hi, Shakeira is a spayed himi X Lionhead. We just moved house a week ago, and she was a proper free range bun in the old flat, never kept her in, but now that she's in the new house, we've tried her free range a couple of times, but she won't stop chewing off wall paper - my OH is starting to...
  11. Gem 333

To Bond or not to Bond...

Advice GREATLY appreciated!! Shakeira is a spayed 8 month old Himalayan X Lionhead. She is a fairly small bun, and is a little nervous I think (although I find it very hard to read her!:?) I originally got her to bond with Quag (who unfortunatly and very sadly :cry: passed away under GA at...
  12. Gem 333

Lazy little Man!!xxxxx

Quaggie Dingo, you only went in to have your teefys done and were just too sleepy to wake up!! Well you always were the worlds laziest little rabbit ! Shakeira woke up, but now she's being very sleepy and not eating much and has only made me a couple of poops, so if you could encourage her to...
  13. Gem 333

Lots of Blood - Very Worried

Hi, i recently got a rescue bunny, and have just found a pool of blood in the kitchen, which appears to have come from her back end. i rang the rescue and they advised that they are not veterinary's and that I should call a vet (which I have, but it is out of hours so I am waiting for them to...
  14. Gem 333

Not doing very well with the bonding...

Hi,:wave: I picked up Sally, a 4 year old rescue rabbit on Tuesday. (What a character, can't beleive she was in rescue for so long!!) Anyway... She is currently in Quag's hutch thing (which he doesnt really use anymore because he is pretty free range). She's in the hall where he doesn't...
  15. Gem 333

Bonding Questions

Hi, I have now found a female rabbit in need of a home near me, and have reserved her to bond with Quag so am looking for some advice of what to do now. Sally, the female, is vaccinated but the ladies at the rescue to not think she has been spayed. Quag will be vaccinated on 29th January, so...
  16. Gem 333

Quaggie Dingo!!

I have finally set up photo bucket so thought I would put up a photo of my snoozy bunny for you all to :love: over. (Which I'm sure you will as I do daily) hope this has worked! This was taken on a day he refused to go back into the kitchen, so we left him under the bed while we went out...
  17. Gem 333

Mites??

Hi, I have been getting bitten recently, really itchy bites around my arms, belly and top of my legs (where quaggy sits) He was itching a bit too so I took him to the vets to ask about him. The vet couldnt find anything so I thought he was fine. However, I am still getting bitten. I had a...
  18. Gem 333

Why won't Quag play?

I have a couple of questions: Why won't Quag play with anything? Literally, anything. I've bought him every type of toy going, willow, wood, plastic... he sniffs, turns away and hops off, or just lies down. Ive tried toilet roll middles and everything. He's a lazy little sneefer!! (See...
  19. Gem 333

Looking for a friend for Quag

Hi, I have had Quag for over a year now, and he is an indoor bun and has the run of the kitchen, and pretty much the whole house really. I spend a couple of hours with him a day (more at the weekend when im not at work), and i live with 2 other people who come and go throughout the day, but...
  20. Gem 333

Hi!!

Hi, :wave: Im new to the forum, and to owning a rabbit really. His name is quaggie (OH chose this...anyone who has seen family guy will know where it comes from....idiot!) Anyway, hes grown into the name now, so its ok. He came from a garden centre, he was in a glass box all on his...
Back