• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. VickiP

Super Tiny Animals - in 5 mins on ITV!!

:( What an absolutely awful awful programme, I've caught it by accident - it should be called how not to handle rabbits or how not to treat rabbits, disgusted frankly, shameful & they're so called 'experts' it's just :censored::censored:
  2. VickiP

Hello :)

Phew - I'd get them into the vets asap just to double check & do a general health check & they'll advise on when etc - maybe people can recommend a good vets near you, good luck they're lovely bunnies :wave:
  3. VickiP

Hello!

Cool ! There's lots of lovely buns in rescues they can help with bonding etc I think for bunnies no matter how much love & attention they get from humans it's never quite as nice as a friend of their own kind, it takes a lot of pressure off you aswell when you see him snuggled up with a ladybun...
  4. VickiP

Milly has just got her claw caught and now it is hanging off

Is she a house rabbit then? Is she running on carpet? It's hard to say if she's running is a good thing, is she running happy or stressed ? I just noticed she's eating that's a good sign - might be worth settling her down with some nice hay & food & going down the vets first thing.
  5. VickiP

Hello!

Hello hope you enjoy the forum. Is Joey gonna get a bunny buddy one day?:wave:
  6. VickiP

Hello :)

Hi & hope you get lots of helpful advice - your buns are lovely, hope they are not male & female though or you'll need to be careful & separate for neutering, www.thehayexperts.co.uk has lots of yummy hay's & ideas for toys & treats that are safe :wave:
  7. VickiP

Milly has just got her claw caught and now it is hanging off

I think it depends, how is your bunny? Is she feeling pain ie trying to get to the claw? Is there blood? Is there anyway you can safely snip the claw off (not if it's into the quick) cornflour I believe has been used to help stop bleeding but personally if it's torn off at the root or into the...
  8. VickiP

Brushing Rexes

I have a rex & I brush him he loves it as with brushing any bunny you don't press hard it's a case of just gently resting the brush rather than pressing it into the coat, I find grooming in an opposite direction to the coats natural position can help I brush sideways across the lower back above...
  9. VickiP

Are your buns moulting at the moment??

:wave: A lot of people are advised by vets even to use fresh pineapple - in my experience anything non fibrous is pointless for bunnies, I used to feed banana and dried papaya and pineapple as treats, I experienced more gut problems in my rabbits during this period of time than I have since...
  10. VickiP

Oreo (and friends) says Elllooooooooooooooooooooooo RU

:wave: Heyyyyooooo Oreo and friends you're still gawwwwjussss :love:
  11. VickiP

Difference between stasis and bloat?

:wave: I'm no expert but in my mind the difference is that stasis is the start of bloat, if not rectified it becomes a more critical condition which sometimes is irreversible, both begin the same way but the main difference is the intervention time and if it works. If a bun responds well to...
  12. VickiP

ANGER towards Emmerdale's Sam Dingle & Hunting!!!

I can't stand it either, I don't actually see the need to show it personally - it seems far from reality for me as I don't know anyone who eats rabbits let alone go out to 'hunt' them or 'poach' them. I guess it does go on in this country still though and in some ways maybe it's preferable than...
  13. VickiP

Starbuck's Eye Problems U/D Post 16

Hi Helen, sorry to hear this, I don't have experience of tear duct flushing at all, I don't like the sound of it either. I personally would be looking for antiobiotics or some sort of ointment to reduce infection/inflammation and some pain relief, I hope he didn't get an infection from the...
  14. VickiP

Are your buns moulting at the moment??

:wave: I have a moulting bunny atm Jingle my rex buck is moulting, he has no history of gut probs at all, I've experienced it in his lady partner Nessie however the last time he was moulting, through mutual grooming she was obviously ingesting too much of his fur and it's of a different...
  15. VickiP

Re The Alan Titchmarsh Show-Have Your Say-*THIS IS A 1 Y AND 10M OLD THREAD!!*

:wave: greetings bunny girls & boys I got a notification of this on my phone tonight, don't get on here much now but still got my 4 musketeers & fight the fight for our little friends when I can - I was pleasantly surprised at the slot about bunnies on Titchmarsh today, it went some way towards...
  16. VickiP

Starbuck Could Use Some Vibes, please U/D Question p25

:wave: sorry to hear about Starbuck Helen hope he has turned a corner and perks up fingers crossed for you.
  17. VickiP

Washing bunnies make me smile - add yours?

Awww very cute mine tend to have a good wash after I've been near them especially if I've kissed them :p just interested if your buns spend a lot of time on wire as in the pictures it shows wire & blocks which could be tricky for them to run on & binky etc I'd turf over that to be on the safe...
  18. VickiP

New Zealands

Lol Helen me too sat here on my phone - quite nice eye candy though :lol:;)
  19. VickiP

Its started!

I agree hope everyones buns will be safe & un phased by the chaos - organised displays only is the way forward I say!
  20. VickiP

Its started!

:wave: have you got a snugglesafe? You could pop one of those in & leave the cover up as it's still early.
Back