• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Re The Alan Titchmarsh Show-Have Your Say-*THIS IS A 1 Y AND 10M OLD THREAD!!*

This was the reply i got

Thank you for your email on The Alan Titchmarsh Show.

We do consider content carefully for the slot and ensure that it complies with the Ofcom Broadcasting Code. It is never the intention to offend viewers but obviously, for you, on this occasion we got it wrong.

Thanks again for your valuable feedback -- I will certainly pass it on to the production team.

Best wishes,

Channel Television

Bloody cheek :evil:

Dear Vicky

Thank you for your email, which has been forwarded to Channel Television as we deal with the show for transmission.

I would like to express my apologies, first of all, that you were offended by material in the above programme. We do consider content carefully for the slot but, obviously, for you on this occasion we got it wrong. It is never the intention of the production company or presenters to cause offence to the viewers.

As for your programme content suggestions, as we do not get involved in editorial decisions, so I would suggest you contact Spun Gold Television:

www.spungoldtv.com

Please, note that under the Broadcasting Ofcom Code no products or services are allowed to be promoted within the programmes - that applies to charities and their activities.

Best wishes.

Channel Television

Since when were rabbits a product or service :evil:

Don't underestimate the power of RU!

:thumb::D

Do you think it would be cheeky to say that this really has to get across to 'real' people and not just a computer?
Also if they send that computer generated response would you send the same email again or a slightly differen email stating that this complaint should be dealt with properly etc... :? ?

:thumb::D

Do you think it would be cheeky to say that this really has to get across to 'real' people and not just a computer?
Also if they send that computer generated response would you send the same email again or a slightly differen email stating that this complaint should be dealt with properly etc... :? ?

They are forwarding it to someone else to deal with. Give these people a while to actually respond to their emails! :)
They will have lots of them about this and different issues.
Automated responses, whilst annoying, are also a way of letting the sender know that the email has been received.

Sounds like the production company is the way to go

You should complain to Ofcom too, they will investigate it further than the broadcasters. I didn't see it but it sounds horrendously stressful and cruel to the hare. :(

the show redeemed itself with todays show how about we email to thank them for that because everyone certainly emailed to complain about the show this thread was about they are more likely to do shows like todays again if we do

:wave: greetings bunny girls & boys I got a notification of this on my phone tonight, don't get on here much now but still got my 4 musketeers & fight the fight for our little friends when I can - I was pleasantly surprised at the slot about bunnies on Titchmarsh today, it went some way towards correcting things, good news I think the message is getting out correctly :thumb:

Back