• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. T

Smaller droppings alongside normal size droppings. Is this anything to worry about?

Hi All, Over this past week when I have been cleaning out my rabbit I have noticed smaller droppings alongside normal sized droppings. My rabbit is just over 2 years old and appears to be healthy. He is looking and behaving as he normally does. The only change in his diet is some beetroot...
  2. T

Unpacking sawdust. Is there a quick way?

I hope you don't think that this is a really silly question. I have just spent around 20 mins unpacking my new pack of sawdust so it is all ready for when I come to clean out the hutch tomorrow. I used to just unwrap it and put the block into a black bag. But it has been beginning to be a...
  3. T

Help with litter tray!!!

Long story short. The rabbit was using the litter tray quite happily until he escaped from his run. Since then he has been doing his business in the corner of the run. I was thinking of putting the litter tray in the corner of the run where he has started doing his business but not sure if...
  4. T

Sexing my rabbit.

Hi All, I bought my rabbit from pets at home. They told me that my rabbit was a boy. However after putting several threads on the behaviour forum here it has been suggested more than once that my rabbits behaviour is more common to girl buns and was I sure. Today I had the opportunity to pick...
  5. T

Rabbit not using litter tray after escaping from run.

Hi All, I was having problems with my rabbit being a bit scared of me. After taking advice from here we managed to attach the run to the hutch so I do not need to handle him so much. It seems to have done the trick, he does not seem to be scared of me anymore so we are all much happier...
  6. T

One step forward two steps back.

Hi, I have posted about this problem a couple of times now. I have a rabbit which I have had for about 3 weeks. I was trying to handle him everyday and put him in his run. Then one day when I went to pick him up he started growling at me and looked like he may attack. I have read some...
  7. T

Update & question .

Things have got a whole lot better already thanks to the advice on this forum. :wave: Thank you sooo much!!! I read an article which said that in these circumstances I should not attempt to pick him up for two weeks. I have not attempted to try and lift him. I have just gone to his cage...
  8. T

Please help - really upset

Hi, I have had my rabbit for a fortnight now. I have been trying to handle him every single day. He has not been that keen on me picking him up. He dives to the corner of his cage where it is really hard for me to reach him. I manage to get him eventually and has been fine sitting on my knee...
  9. T

Bonfire night/fireworks

Hi all, I have an 11 week old rabbit for one week now. He lives outside in his hutch and he also has a run that I put him in everyday. I was going to get some sort of indoor housing for him for when winter sets in and was also thinking of bonfire night. I have been running around trying to...
  10. T

Why is my rabbit running away from me?

hi all, I bought a rabbit last week. He is 11 weeks old. At the moment he lives outside in a hutch. Every morning I go out to feed, clean the hutch spend some time handling/stroking him and then putting him in his run for some exercise. The trouble is he will let me stroke him in his hutch...
Back