• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. B

Nottcutts Garden Centres

I pretty happy with my local one and where they keep their rabbits. They got large sized clean pens (about 6x4x4 - and only two-three babies in), with hutches in them with doors constantly open and a bunch of toys and tubes for them. Its sooo rare to see a pet shop which even puts a variety of...
  2. B

Was i wrong...

To answer your question, I dont think you were wrong. If it was any other member of your family you'd do the same. You didnt just give up on her because of what she had and you did all you could to make it as comfortable and promising as you could do. That really does show how much you do care...
  3. B

Whats this breed?

Is any one able to work out what sort of breed this is? I've just been asked, and I had presumed english spot x lion head when I saw her face - but now i can see all of her, I'm not too sure... http://www.flickr.com/photos/40771931@N04/3753307960/
  4. B

Having to change food!

is A & P Allen and Page? If so, our local pet warehouse down the road has them on their website. Its a 20kg bag for £10.89: http://www.petshopping.co.uk/Store/Small-Animal/Food?cp=-1 They also deliver for about £5.95
  5. B

Rearguard or Fly Guard...?

I'm confused! Is there any difference or is it just two different brands? Rearguard I can order from the vets (does 1 rabbit) - but fly guard I can get from pet shops (does up to 5 rabbits).. Is rearguard better being its from the vets? Or does fly guard just as good - so better value for...
  6. B

Not eating his breakfast after VHD vac?

Chedi had his VHD vaccine this morning..but still hasn't finished his breakfast? He's eating hay and drinking water, and peeing loads, as usual - and is still hopping about fine. Should I be worried about him not eating all of it? Or could it just be the weather being its alot warmer today...
  7. B

Pet Deposits!!

This was one of the reasons we chose this house is because they allowed pets with no extra deposit :) if you look hard i'm sure there are some pet loving landlords :D
  8. B

Introducing new food - but she's not eating it?

Yeah she did. Bit of a dodgy stomach today though :roll: we'll just have to see how it goes..
  9. B

*sighs* how do you get soft poo out of fur?

She's currently inside at the moment - and I'm not letting her out until I get this poo off her! She's decided to lie on her poo, but instead of being a nice hard round one, it was them little soft ones...and they're stuck! and she's not even bothered by it - more interested in chucking her...
  10. B

Why was she squeaking?

Just wondering what it could be? It kinda sounded like sneezing in a way, it was about 6 or 7 little pants, which were quite high pitched and squeaky.. She did while sorting her bum out, and then flopped down to nod off again?
  11. B

Why does she flop onto her poo?!

Cheddar's been doing this the last few nights when I've brought her inside.. She's got a run outside, but I've got a mini one ontop of a ground sheet for her if I want to bring her in.. but she hasn't yet worked out where her 'wet patch' is on here yet... She poo's literally anywhere in it - and...
  12. B

I'll see what she's eaten by morning. I guess I'm just paranoid that she wont like pellets as its the pellet shapes in the meusli she doesn't eat..but I want her to eat them
  13. B

Bedding Question..

I offer both at the moment - but she seems quite happy to sleep in the corner of the run on the slabs... not sure if she actually sleeps there all night - but she's there at 7am, and there at 12-1am.. the only times she's snug in the back corner of her hutch is when i've given her one the excess...
  14. B

Chedi's currently on russell rabbit meusli mix, so I've just started her on excell junior from today. She's eaten pretty much all the meusli (apart from the bits she doesnt like), but has also left the pellets? Is this normal for the first day of it?
  15. B

At what age is it best to start bonding unrelated rabbits?

I was just wondering its ok to try bond them when they're young or not? As in, if you've got a girl or boy (so around 12weeks when its easier to tell what they are for sure) should they be bonded with one the same age (and sex), or a neutered older one, or is it best to wait until both are...
  16. B

Hm, hutch cover ideas...

I was wondering this the other day with that sudden rain we had, and was pondering about pinning a plastic shower curtain to the hutch... unsure if it'll fully work - but plastic shower curtains are waterproof, smooth so water runs off, pretty cheap, and can be wrapped (corners folded like like...
  17. B

care/fact sheet for rabbits!

I found this one helpful from my vets: http://www.uplandswayvets.co.uk/fact-sheets/Rabbits.doc
  18. B

Its his first time at the vets on friday....

I'm just a bit nervy about what I'm to do with Cheddar when I go to the vets with him on friday for his first myxi vacination. I've only been to the vets with the dogs, and they're really well behaived - and well a poorly hamster, who wasn't in much of a state to be mischeivious! But I'm just...
  19. B

Am I feeding him enough?

I'll give that a go with the changing it then :) and according to the lady I got him off, he was eating carrot and apple in small quantities but no proper green veg - but I havent given him any due to the belly. but for the meantime, do you think its enough food? He always seems so hungry in...
  20. B

Close ups of Robin.

Aww he's a gorgous. I love how the dark patch over his nose makes it look massive :love:
Back