• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. H

Crusty nose- causes?

Hi everyone. One of my rabbits (shes 7 now) has a crusty nose- it doesnt seem to be scabs, more like dried mucus. Her upper lips are also a tiny bit swollon. Iv been away for the past week so my dads been looking after her- shes eaten fine all week and been her normal self otherwise. He said he...
  2. H

Best Mixed food???

Hello. As some of you may know, one of my rabbits is VERY fussy. She's been on a mix food all her life, but after actually reading the nutrition (it has low fibre), and the fact she doesnt eat hay, i wanted to swap her onto a pellet. However, iv tried over the years with no success. Iv tried...
  3. H

Paving tips?

Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on either paving or concreting? We're halfway into the shed conversion, so now i need to start thinking about the run area. At the moment, the area of the garden (right next to the shed) the pen will be placed on has basically soil...
  4. H

Worming

Iv never actually wormed any of my rabbits, as i never really knew about it, and iv never had any problems relating to worms before. But as one of mine has lost weight, im going to try worm her and my other 2 just incase (the other 2 are young still, so i can get them used to it now at lest)...
  5. H

Mice and rats with sheds?

Hi everyone. As some of you may know im going to convert my summerhouse into a bunny shed, hopefully next weekend. But my dads just worried me...he said its more likely to attract rats as the buns will be on the floor level rather than held up higher in cages. I was just wondering if anyone has...
  6. H

Lino? (and converting shed tips?)

Hi. Im going to convert the summerhouse into a bunny shed. Its a weird size...about 8 1/2 foot wide by 6 foot, and will be for 3 rabbits (2 mini lops and one lop simolar sized but a lot heavier). Iv just recieved the wire mesh i ordered and i ordered the insualtion today online, so that...
  7. H

Using ladders

Hi. One of my rabbits is currently in a 3 storey cage which i bought before i decided to convert the shed instead (got it online, bad idea as the layout isnt ideal!). Him and my other two rabbits have been 'cage swapping' whilst i got them all spayed/neutored, as i have two hutch/run combos and...
  8. H

Swapping from mix to pellets for an older bun

Well my older bun (7 years old) has been on a selective food all her life. We've used this since before i was born with buns and they've never had any problems. I read a while ago about pellets so tried swapping her onto excel (only one avaiable in my area at the time) with no luck, she just...
  9. H

How long before bonding?

My male mini lop is booked in for his neutor on the 3rd August. Both of my females have been spayed, one a few weeks ago and is now fully recovered, and one only 11 days ago. The recent spay was my older bunny, and im not 100% sure yet whether i'll be bonding her with the two babies, im going to...
  10. H

Wire size and gauge question....

Hello everyone. Im in the process of designing my buns new pen to be attatched permanently to their shed. We've never had a permanent pen before, they usually get free range of the garden when the weathers good and im out, or theyre in the house. But thats only a few hours a day. So iv got my...
  11. H

Diet causing runny bum?

Hi, sorry if this should be in health, but i think its to do with diet.... Ok, i tend to post long ones so ill try and summarise it! My 7 year old bun has been on the same diet since she was 10 weeks old with no problems. Shes on a selective one with veg, but very little if any hay eaten...
  12. H

Making a pen...what do you think, and ideas very welcome!

Hi everyone. Ok, i was going to have a new shed/run combo but my dad wont let my have that now, but said he'd convert the current bunny summerhouse and add a run, so they wont lose out! The sheds almost 8 and a half foot long by 5ft 8inch wide, so for 3 buns, two of which are mini lops, it...
  13. H

Bond 3...2 young and 1 old???

At the moment, i have 2 young buns and 1 older (7 years old) bun (my other old one had to be pts as she got stomach cancer a few weeks ago). Currently, the two young ones are seperated as they havent been neutored/spayed yet. The female should be getting done in about a week or 2 as my vets...
  14. H

myxomatosis injection...frequency?

Hi everyone. I was just wanting to check how often this should be given? I have had buns a long time, but unfortunately never had them vaccinated until now (i never knew about it when i was younger, and iv never known of any cases around here). Iv heard its 6 or 12 months...I had my two little...
  15. H

Amount of food..

Iv read on here that most people only give an eggcup full of food a day. I give much more than that, i give the recommended amount of food on the food bag, which varies for makes, but is a LOT more! For example, excel junior and dwarf recommends 40g for a mini lop (which the two that are on it...
  16. H

encephalitozoon cuniculi in rabbits....

Hi everyone. I was just wondering if any of you have rabbits with e.c? And if they ever recover? I was just looking up the symtoms out of curiosity, and im wondering if my buns mystery illness could be a mild case, or the start... Back in january she stopped eating, i thought ut was her...
  17. H

Rabbit vets...

Ok, it was suggested to me to post a thread asking if anyone knows of any good rabbit vets in my areas?? Im in lancashire, around Lancaster city. Currently i go to Bay vets, they have 3 in our area, and have been recommended to me by the breeder i got one of my bunns from 7 years ago. I dont...
  18. H

Possible injury?

Hi everyone. Im a bit worried...my rabbit (whos now 7) tonight freaked out...a lot! I went to take her into the house for playtime as i usually do, and she jumped out of my arms before i even shut the shed! She ran around the garden like a nutter, more so than usual, but i didnt think too much...
  19. H

Shed or dog run?

Currently, my 2 mini lops are in the house in a pen. However, its only temporary. They may stay in the house, or have to go in a cage in the summerhouse, until august when we sort out better housing. I was going to get a shed and add a permanent run attached for them, with their cage in the...
  20. H

Seperating, and Re-bonding after being seperated

Ok, for those that dont know, i have a 10 1/2 week old male and a 17 week old female mini lop kept together. They have been living together for nearly 2 weeks now, and all went well bonding them. However, the male started humping the female 2 days ago (i presume for dominace). This stopped...
Back