• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. marleyandme

Avipro plus

Hi, Just wondering if Avipro plus can cause weight gain? Charlie has been having runny poos so I have added this to the drinking water and cut out pellets and veg. Taking him to the vet asap to check his teeth aren't the problem. Both he and lily have put on weight- could this be the cause?
  2. marleyandme

Question for the rabbit poo experts...

My buns have been eating a lot of Oxbow Orchard Grass hay which is very green. Their poos are very dark when they are eating this compared to being golden when they eat meadow hay. Is this because the orchard grass hay is very green or is it because they aren't eating enough hay overall? Thanks!
  3. marleyandme

Dark poos

Hi:wave: Hoping for some advice. Charlie has been doing dark poos these last few weeks, they are the same size as before but he used to do very golden poos. He hasn't lost any weight and is just as keen as ever for his food and hay- he gets fed a teaspoon of oxbow pellets in the morning, fresh...
  4. marleyandme

Dental recovery time

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone had any advice. My rabbit had his first dental last Wednesday, so 6 days ago. He bounced back from the anaesthetic well and has been his lively usual self. It has taken him a while for his eating to return to normal, he is now eating pellets and veggies like...
  5. marleyandme

Charlie! FAO Erin (buuny_friend) and anyone else!

Some pics of Charlie. He is doing really well, he has come out of his shell loads and loves racing around the house doing lots of binkies! :love::love: It wasn't me!!!
  6. marleyandme

Do rabbits need their own 'base'

Hi :wave: I have two free range rabbits who are allowed to run about my flat all day, we don't have a cage for them and they have picked out certain areas in my flat where they snooze. At night or if we're out, we close the living room doors as I worry that they could injure themselves in there...
  7. marleyandme

It can't be time for another dental surely??

Hi, Bella our bunny has been doing smaller and darker poos, her hay intake has decreased but she is still eating food like greens etc. and just now she had some pellets. After spending last night rubbing her tummy and feeding her gripe water I took her to the vets. Christabel wasn't working...
  8. marleyandme

deleted

post deleted
  9. marleyandme

Portrait of my bridge bunny Marley

Marley was such a huge part of my life, I miss him a lot and I wanted to have a painting of him to remember him by. I asked a member of the forum to paint a portrait of him and this is the result...I will let her name herself ; ) I am so happy with it and it is framed and hanging in my living...
  10. marleyandme

Dehydration

Hi, If a bunny is dehydrated (due to stasis) is it normal to inject fluids directly into the stomach instead of giving them subcutaneously?
  11. marleyandme

Weighing rabbits

I want to start weighing my rabbits weekly so am looking for some scales to weigh them on. Can anybody recommend some? All the ones that I have found that are sensitive enough to detect weight changes seem very expensive
  12. marleyandme

Picture of poo!

Hi I have a bun called Bella, who has molar malocclusion and needed a dental on the 24th April. She was seen by the vet last sat (16th May) and her teeth were checked and they are fine, she has also put on weight which is great. I am a little worried about the size difference of their poos...
  13. marleyandme

Veterinary knowledge of rabbits-how to improve it?

Since I lost my beloved Marley, I have become acutely aware of the difference in care that vets provide to pet rabbits. I know that there are some wonderful vets out there, but I feel that many more do are not 'interested' so to speak in Rabbit Medicine, that they do not receive enough training...
  14. marleyandme

Rabbit medicine textbooks

Hi, I know there have already been loads of threads about recommended textbooks on rabbit medicine, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend one which has lots of detail about dental problems in rabbits. I have a dental bunny and would like to read up lots about it (aswell as...
  15. marleyandme

Bella and Moochu

Here's some pics of Bella and Moochu. When Bella's partner Marley very sadly died, she pined a lot for him and we made a decision to bond her with Moochu about a week after Marley's death. At the time we weren't sure if it was the right thing to do, Marley was very special to me and was a huge...
  16. marleyandme

Marley

Marley died yesterday after a dental to burr down his spurs which were the cause of his stasis (there is a thread in health that has the exact details). Me and Naveen (and Bella his wifebun) are absolutely devastated. He was the most special bunny and we are very lucky to have shared his life...
  17. marleyandme

my bun won't eat

Hi, Marley has stopped eating. This morning we noticed that Marley wasn't his usual self this morning-he wouldn't come out from under the bed (where he sleeps) and has refused all food. I think it's because we have changed his pellets from Oxbow alfalfa to oxbow timothy...I was doing it...
  18. marleyandme

Hocks-what's normal and what isn't?

Is it normal for a bun to have little circular patches of bald fur on their heels? Or is this the beginning of sore hocks? I just noticed it when she was hopping into her litter tray, I had a quick check and the skin isn't broken and is pink-there is no blister or anything. My other rabbit has...
  19. marleyandme

HELP! Limping- VHD?

Hi, We got Bella a week today and she has been settling in fine. Late last night I noiced her limping a little on her front paw, I picked her up and looked at the paw and there is no sign of any injury-her nails aren't long enough to be causing a problem and there is no cut or any blood. We...
  20. marleyandme

Marley and Bella....FAO buuny_friend (and everyone else!)

Here are a few pictures of the very newly bonded Marley and Bella. Bella has been here since sunday night but has settled in great :) Not the best photos as they move as soon as I get the camera ready:lol: In the bedroom eating plantain. Tight squeeze! In the kitchen playing in the maze...
Back