• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Messy Bum

Hi, One of our rabbits is prone to a messy behind. His diet hasn't changed (in fact he's on the same diet as our other rabbits who are fine). Once he's been bathed, he's instantly passing normal sized droppings again but a few weeks later he's back in the same situation again He had all his...
  2. S

Male Rabbit puling out fur

Hi, I have a 4 month old Male mini lop that's just been castrated about a month ago. The poor thing had quite a time of it and has spent the last month wearing a collar and going back and forth to the vet for treatment. He's finally been given the all clear and the collar has been removed. He's...
  3. S

Help! unexpected babies!

Hi, Kits are approaching 3 weeks old, eyes open and starting to wander around a little although mostly still in the nesting box (had to rescue one who'd made it downstairs to the lower level of the hutch overnight and couldn't get back up). I've noticed that the nest and hutch are starting to...
  4. S

Help! unexpected babies!

Thanks for the advice Sky-O As much as I'd like to keep them, it's not really practical. My next door neighbour has already hinted that they may like one (although I hope to persuade them to take 2 - hate to think of a rabbit on it's own) which would be easier on my kids. It's going to be hard...
  5. S

Help! unexpected babies!

Hi all, 3 baby bunnies still doing fine. They're around 10 days old now (2 black & white and one all black). I was wondering at what age can they be safely handled without any risk of the mother rejecting them? J
  6. S

Help! unexpected babies!

Update. I did move the kit to be with other 2 and all 3 still appear to be doing fine. The 'porker' is still doing really well and is still further advanced than the other 2 - he's the only one with any fur developing (looks like he's gonna be black & white) Thanks for the advice all
  7. S

Help! unexpected babies!

The 2 smaller kits are in the original nest - the bigger one is in the second nest
  8. S

Help! unexpected babies!

So I suppose the question is do I move the 2 kits to the single kit's nest or move the single kit in with the other 2?
  9. S

Help! unexpected babies!

H'mm, the kit on his own is a bit of a porker so I'm absolutely sure he's being fed. The other 2 aren't as big and don't really have that 'pot-bellied' look so I'm not so sure about them. But they're still really active and warm. spose it could be due to them having to 'share' their mother at...
  10. S

Help! unexpected babies!

Thanks.. Anyone have any comments regarding the 2 nests thing? She appears to be fussing around both of the nests so assume all is ok - just wondered if anyone has any experience of this before?
  11. S

Help! unexpected babies!

Thanks for the replies. Well all 3 kits survived their first night, are quite warm and active. one thing I noticed this morning is that there now seems to be 2 nests. one with 1 kit in and the other with 2 at the opposite side of the hutch. I'm sure I read somewhere that they should all really...
  12. S

Help! unexpected babies!

Hi, Went to feed the 2 rabbits this morning and found 3 babies in the hutch (male was already neutered but guess I did get around to it in time). I've removed the male from the hutch and the female seems to have built a reasonable nest. Was just wondering was there anything I need to be doing...
Back