• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. S

Rabbit safe house plants

**This isn’t dietary because I don’t want the bunnies to eat the plants, I just want to not panic if they get a leaf or something.** I’m terrible for keeping plants alive, but would love some plants in my house. What are easy/pretty bunny safe plants you have in your home? Bonus points for...
  2. S

Talking bunny?

I follow quite a lot of dogs and cats who use sound buttons to communicate. The cats, in particular, are amazing (mostly because I’d never have expected they would). ‘What about Bunny’ is one of my favourites-. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100084851116422 Let’s Go Rip-...
  3. S

Living alone with bunnies/pets

I’m going to be living alone with my furries, in the not too distant future. I’m becoming increasingly concerned about something happening (either to me, or, when I’m out, to the house) and the bunnies suffering as a result. I’ve done a few things and created a few alerts, but what do other...
  4. S

Historical broken tail?

Has anyone ever had a bunny who maybe had a broken tail prior to coming to them ( and when I say broken tail, I’m thinking right at the base, so may not be tail, but could be). And that maybe didn’t heal properly, and wasn’t treated, so causes ongoing pain/issues? What sort of signs did you...
  5. S

What’s the biggest argument you have with your rabbit/s?

Here, every day I say ‘we don’t eat the carpet here’, and, they show me they do. So I make a change, and tell them that we don’t eat the carpet here. And they shown me we do. It’s been endless since they came. We also argue about peeing on my bed, jumping on me in the middle of the night, me...
  6. S

Dewlap-ectomy?

I don’t know what else to call it. Has anyone ever had a rabbit who has had their dewlap removed? Specifically because they were grossly overweight, now a healthy weight, and the skin left from the massive dewlap prevents them from cleaning properly or eating their caecs and is seemingly...
  7. S

Indoor digging box?

Has anyone here used any type of digging box for a bunny indoors? (I’m thinking a covered cat litter tray). Does anyone have any recommendations? Any tips?- I’m sure she will kick it WAY out any type of covered tray so I’ll use something around it to at least try and prevent my room becoming a...
  8. S

My new bunnies have a Facebook page

I don’t know if anyone is interested, but my new bunnies have their own Facebook page and would love to be followed. If you’d like the link, please drop me a pm :-) I can’t post about them on here anymore, for reasons I can’t go into, but still love to share my furry family.
  9. S

Vaccination Protocol?

Can anyone tell me the current vaccination protocol and guidance? How often? And the names of the jabs? I know we’re jabbing against my I, RHD1 and rhd2, but unsure how this all works now. I’ve looked on the RWAF site and they don’t have their vaccination page live. I’ve not vaccinated any in...
  10. S

Thank you and Farewell

To all the Sanctuary Rabbits. The rabbits who came because they had no where else to go. Those who came and taught me so much. Those who helped me help my other rabbits from a different time, but who still needed medical care and knowledge. Those who came and livened up my home and my heart...
  11. S

Wish- 23-04-2010 - 18-11-2021

My Dear Good Girl. I’m so sorry it’s taken me just so very long to get myself to be able to write this- quite simply, it’s been too hard. Even now, I’m trying very hard to avoid this, only I know I can’t and shouldn’t- you deserve better than that- but it has taken me several days to complete...
  12. S

When Rabbits Are Only A Memory

I remember all the mooshy faces peering at me, wondering if I have food. I remember the loud bunny footsteps racing over. Or away- when they were cross. I remember the slurp that some of them made when they drunk water. I remember the crunch crunch of pellets being eaten. I remember the...
  13. S

Flame- 23-04-2010 - 16-11-2020

Dear Flameyface, I’m so, so sorry it’s taken me so long. I haven’t been able to cope or think about doing this, but I go back to work next week, and I have to, otherwise I’ll never do it, and you deserve to be honoured, the same way as everyone else- a broken heart shouldn’t change that. I...
  14. S

Rabbit Rescue near Rhondda Wales?

Someone on a Facebook group has found a bunny in a box (abandoned). Does anyone know of any reputable rabbit rescues in that area who could help her? Many thanks
  15. S

Paracetamol in bunnies

Anyone used it? Have any thoughts on it? I have an end of life bunny with a painful tumour. I’m not convinced that Metacam and Tramadol are giving him the relief I want and my vet said they have discovered paracetamol can be used in rabbits now. Anyone got any experience?
  16. S

Any one else have scrapping bunnies?

That are scrapping most probably due to the heat and feeling irritable. It’s really not a smart move for them to be running and scrapping. Only makes them hotter. :roll: Anyone where bunnies struggling in this way?
  17. S

Dopey 1- 25-06-2006 - 13-03-2019

Hi Lady, We knew this day would come, and I’ve been on edge waiting, for a long time. But you kept going and kept going for a very long time- I have such a long story to recount now. I’m so sorry I’ve avoided writing this for so very long. I had the pleasure of meeting at the start of August...
  18. S

This weekend the cage comes down

After 12 years, and 17 bunnies, my 6ft by 3ft by 8ft cage is being dismantled. I will have a bedroom again. And yet I’m finding this whole process entirely heartbreaking because I’d give snitching to not be in this situation, having lost my friends. I just need to share how hard this all is...
  19. S

Autumn- 30-06-2009 - 02-06-2019

Dear Beelie, Oh boy, what a sad and crappy tribute to have to write. I first saw you at the RSPCA, when you were just the teeniest ball of fluff. You must only have been about three and a half weeks old, and they had no idea how to look after you. They weren’t free feeding you and weren’t...
  20. S

And then there were two.

:(
Back