• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. Daisyd

Bowl or bottle?

I read an article in this months Veterinary Record that investigated rabbits drinking preferences between a nipple drinker or a bowl. ALL rabbits spent more time using or exclusively used the bowl. They were able to drink 3 times faster at the bowl and so spent less time drinking too...
  2. Daisyd

Neutering a bonded bun

Thanks all. I'm re-thinking and will take them both together now instead. The vet just said he didn't see the day apart being a problem for their bond (seemed to think it was a bit of an odd request). He is a bit traditional in his aproach, but I moved to his surgery after a few bad experiences...
  3. Daisyd

Neutering a bonded bun

Thanks all for this advise! I asked the vet should I take them in together, but he thought it wouldn't be nesissary - hence coming here for a second opinion!!! Think I'll take Hubble in on his own, but supervise them together after the op. Cas the girl is the dominant of the pair so I don't...
  4. Daisyd

Neutering a bonded bun

Hi, I've got a pair of bonded bunnies Cassini (spayed girl) and Hubble (entire boy). I got HUbble from a rescue at 10 weeks old and when he was 3 months took him to the vet for vacs and to see about neutering. He was really tiny and the vet said it would be at least 2-3 months before he would...
  5. Daisyd

Worried about newly spayed bun-buns

How is cookie getting on?
  6. Daisyd

Neutered Male Guinea pig Wanted

You could always pair with another girl if no suitable neutered boys are about
  7. Daisyd

Playing with bonded buns

Thanks Helen and Kermit for your replies, and Bitzy and Leigh for your nice comments! I think I will give them more time for their bond to develop. They are currently in the outhouse where they have free range, but ultimately will have the freedom of the house. I have them restricted to the...
  8. Daisyd

Playing with bonded buns

Hi, I've had rabbits for about 5 years but until now never a bonded pair. I got a new boy bunny (Hubble) from a rescue about 6 weeks ago to pair with my girl (Cassini). I bonded them at home and they have been together for about 2 weeks now. They are very loved up and go everywhere together...
  9. Daisyd

Wheezy Guinea Pig

Hey, Guineapigforum is very good so I also recommend going there, I have 10 guineas a frequent it quite a bit! Out of interest what sort of bedding is your piggy kept on? They can be quite allergic to shavings so it could be an alergy rather than an infection (not to say it is but if meds...
  10. Daisyd

Pet rabbit loose during fireworks!

You're doing the right thing trying to get this little guy sorted out with a better/safer life. How did it go last night? :wave:
  11. Daisyd

My family - dogs & rabbits :)

lol, is she watching you out of one eye - or is it just the colour of her fur?? They're all gorgeous:love: How are your dogs around the bunnies? I'd love to rehome a grayhound one day but worry they might be a bit conditioned to chase?
  12. Daisyd

Wish me luck

No, he is still very small and his balls haven't dropped yet. The rescue said they thought it would be at least another 4 weeks and now was the best time to pair them as due to her personality and fear Cassie would probably react badly to a humpy bunny. I can take him back as soon as he is ready...
  13. Daisyd

Wish me luck

I got a gorgeous new little bun yesterday from a rescue to pair with my spayed girl Cassini. The rescue was full with no room for any bonding so I was allowed to take him home to bond. I have kept rabbits for quite a few years but never had 2 together so am new to bunny interactions and body...
  14. Daisyd

P@H adoptions

I think it is better than nothing, but my only gripe is I got a girl from there and the lady said I would have to get her spayed and gave me literature about how it's essential etc... (which I know obv. it is...) but the bun had been in their care for weeks (I had been back to see her a few...
  15. Daisyd

Rehomed: Bugsy - Finally goes home today! Yippee

Hello, Bugsy is soooo cute! Me and my husband are looking for a husbun for my spayed lionhead girlie. She is 10 months and lives in our outhouse off the kitchen in the day. In the evening she has free range of the house. although we're still working on nibble proofing the living room (any tips...
  16. Daisyd

Available Individual: 2 seperate buns Mini lop & rex Surrey

I'm in Guildford looking for a husbun for my spayed lionhead. Otis looks like a lovely bunny. Is he being rehomed thru a rescue as we were hoping for help with bonding and preferably an already neutered male? Plus my husband really wants a neathie- but I think we'll know the right bunny when we...
  17. Daisyd

Rabbit Insurance

Do you have rabbit insurance, and if so how much do you pay? I have it for my bunny, but was just reading an article on rabbit rehome and am wondering if I am being ripped off. I pay £13.50 a month to Pet Plan and have had my bunny insured since she was 8 weeks old, so no bad medical history...
  18. Daisyd

Are cats dangerous to buns?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES... They are. A cat killed my bunny :( He had free range time in our garden morning before work and evening when I got home for 2.5 years and was the happiest bun I've ever had. I never went far when he was free range and he played with next door's cat very...
  19. Daisyd

Sore vulva and weight loss *graphic pics*

Back from vets. Faith nearly restored! The vet has decided baytril is having no effect and told me to stop treatment. He's going to research options for syphilis in case there are any peniciliin alternatives. He is obviously very concerned about giving her an injection. He plans to treat her on...
  20. Daisyd

Sore vulva and weight loss *graphic pics*

Yes she is eating very well now. Back teeth were checked when she had the VHD jab about 2 months ago and were all fine. Don't know how long it takes for them to get problems but it was about 2 weeks after checkup she had eating probs and she's eating well again now after I started the Bio-lapis.
Back