• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Search results

1. K

Dirty Bum??

Not posted in a while so hello :wave: Just after some advice about my Frank. He is 3 years old and lives with his wife Missy in the shed in the garden. About 6 weeks ago he had a horrendous poo bum :shock: I took him to the vets as couldnt clean him myself without distressing him (and me) The...
  2. K

Post Spay care and rebonding

am going to bite the bullet and get our Millie spayed-she is nearly one and lives with her husband Bitsy (who has been castrated) question is do I need to keep her in the house afterwards for a bit? should she be separate from him? a rabbit rescue lady I spoke to suggested taking bitsy along...
  3. K

What to do about spaying

Have decided to get millie spayed-she has been making a nest as per my other post and is really pestering bitsy her husband question is what happens after the op? does she have to come indoors? does she have to be kept away from him? if so how long for? and then do I have to rebond them...
  4. K

Think Millie is making a nest??

Millie is about 6 months old and seems to be making herself a nest?? there is a circle of neatly arranged fur and she is carrying little bits of newspaper she has shredded in there too is this normal behaviour?? she hasnt been spayed yet but her husband has been castrated-our other girl rabbit...
  5. K

Low Temperature Missy isnt well :(-UPDATE

came in from school today and let the buns out as usual and noticed missy wasnt herself :( she is usually a feisty little rabbit and loves to be out but just sat there and didnt come out -she let me picke her up and didnt growl or struggle so consulted my neighbour who is very experienced with...
  6. K

Putting the hutches in a tent? Am I mad?

with winter approaching I am trying to sort out a bit more protection for our 4 rabbits who live outdoors (2 in each happy hutch) been looking at sheds but it seems like an expensive option so came up with the idea of buying an older style frame tent from ebay and putting the hutches in it-so...
  7. K

Converting a shed split in two?

I am after advice about converting a shed for our two pairs to share DH is prepared to get a largeish shed and split it for our two pairs who dont get on and I am after advice I have seen some brilliant ideas so far but only for bonded groups-I am figuring that splitting the hutch down the...
  8. K

Binky free little Lucky

We have been away for the weekend and come home to the heartbreaking news that our little rew nethie dwarf Lucky has died our fantastic neighbour found her fitting and sadly she passed away in her arms before she could get her to the vets we are devastated and her poor husbun Bitsy looks so...
  9. K

Sudden excessive interest in "humping"

more of a lurker than a poster at the minute but in need of advice please Bitsy is nearly 1 and has been neutered for months and months, he lives with Lucky his little bunny wife who has also been neutered Over the weekend we have noticed that he is trying to hump(sorry dont know how else to...
  10. K

Bitsy and his new girlfriend

Thought it was about time I shared a photo of Bitsy and his new girlfriend-I have had a lot of help with bonding from people on this forum and although it was a bit scary at first they totally love each other now :love: Hope this works! Bitsy is the bigger one and Lucky the small white one
  11. K

Bonding update and roly poly question

I posted earlier about bonding one of my boys with his new friend and asked for advice as the little girl seemed very frightened of my big boy.... thanks to all who advised me just thought I'd update a bit the lovely rescue lady came over to help me and lent me a big pen to put them in in the...
  12. K

Bonding help please one is frightened of the other

Since my boys dont get on we decided to take the plunge and get them a girlfriend each (all rabbits neutered so no baby worries) Bitsy's girlfriend has come from a local rescue and is the sweetest most gorgeous dwarf rabbit ever we have had them together to meet each other in the kitchen and...
  13. K

Can they eat Pea Shoots?

not peas or pods just the shoots? bought a bag in sainsburys for them not sure if they ok or not......
  14. K

Should I get the boys girlfriends??

Since Frank and Bitsy had their fight and are now separated I am wondering whether I should get them a girlfriend each to keep them company as dont like the idea of them being lonely They have both been neutered and are about 15 -16 weeks old I have big enough hutches and runs for another 2...
  15. K

Worried about how to do bonding

Frank and Bitsy had a major fight (Frank needed an operation to fix his eye)two weeks ago and have been separated ever since they have also been neutered and are about 14 weeks now I would dearly love them to be back together but am sooo scare dthey will hurt each other I let them out...
  16. K

Probablya silly question....

I have noticed lots of mention of taking rabbits in the car for bonding.... what exactly does this mean?? am going to have to rebond frank and bitsy soon do I put them in a basket together and drive around?am I being really dim? or as I have an estate type car do they go in the back loose...
  17. K

Does anyone have two boys that get on??

I am very despondent since my boys had a fight yesterday :( posted on advice about it poor frank has come off badly poor thing everyone keeps telling me that that is it and they will have to be kept apart forever now-is this true?? they are separated obviously for now I am having them...
  18. K

Re bonding after castration

I posted earlier about our boys fighting and have separated them until they get castrated on thursday they have only had the one fight and are only 12/13 weeks old my question is how long to leave them apart after the operation? frank has the luxury big hutch and i am keen to get them both...
  19. K

Rabbits fighting help please-update been to vets :(

omg please can anyone help :( frank and bitsy are 12 weeks now brothers from the same litter and have so far been great even snuggling up together at night this morning I opened the hutch and poor franks eye is bleeding-i am assuming by the amount of fur in the cage that they have been having...
  20. K

How much free exercise do yours get a day?

I am currently letting Frank and Bitsy out every morning before we go to school for maybe 45 minutes and then after school for at least an hour and a half more if its nice weather obviously theyget out more at weekends and will be able to let out more in the school holidays is this enough? or...
Back