• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sudden excessive interest in "humping"

kcbunny

Young Bun
more of a lurker than a poster at the minute but in need of advice please

Bitsy is nearly 1 and has been neutered for months and months, he lives with Lucky his little bunny wife who has also been neutered

Over the weekend we have noticed that he is trying to hump(sorry dont know how else to phrase this delicately :oops: ) her nearly all the time

is there any reason why he has started doing this all of a sudden?? he tried for a couple of weeks when we first bonded them (about 6 months ago)and she did it back to him sitting on his head as he is massive and she is a dwarf but i figured that was just the novelty of being together and that stopped

the only thing that has changed for the rabbits is we have slightly moved their hutch, still next to the other pair we have but moved along a bit-to try to stop the pair who are having play time pestering the two who are in their run

any help gratefully received :)

In a word 'Springtime' !!

Neutered Bucks will still exhibit hormonal behaviour in the Spring.
Several of my (neutered) Bucks are buzzing and humping a lot too :roll: :lol:

Yes definately Spring! Dutchie went out for half an hour this morning and chased both his wives around before starting on the cats :roll: Men!

I remember worrying bout this [except it was my female humping the male -much to his horror].I even rang the vet:oops::oops:,only to be told its spring!!

I just logged in to post my concern that Mambo has started humping Coco all of a sudden and this is the first thread - what a relief! :lol:

Yes, I too am having the same problem - how funny that everyones buns are doing it at the same time. I too am a first-time Spring bunny owner.

We had visitors round today who were quite amused at our humping buns. Had to say that they are not usually like this, honest :shock: Is this where the term 'joys of Spring' come from?!

defo spring - Rambaldi often humps Huppie but now he is at it all the time and this morning he got so impatient he tried to hump her ears - she had none of it and ran away but 2 minutes later was licking him :love:

very cute

Do you think this is why i found tufts of B's fur all over the other day?Surely tiny Dill cant be trying to hump my big frenchie?:lol:There has been no probs since.Maybe she was trying to hump him?:lol:They have only been together 3weeks,do you think this will effect their bonding?Can neutured bucks physically do THE deed or are they just going through the motions?

:wave:poppy has also been constantly humping Bam Bam and she seems to have stepped it up a notch today :oops: Also she's spraying EVERYWHERE even my poor little white rabbit (April 1st!) Bam Bam is not so white today but more white with yellow streaks!!!!! Poor little man! I got quite worried as she seemed so determined to 'have' him whether it be front on, side on :oops::oops: so put her in the hutch whilst he played outside the hutch...is this okay to do to give him a break or am I doing more harm than good, he can still see and smell her. She gets spayed 14th April. Thanks Kaz

Back