• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Lillabelle getting spayed

I'm sending a lot of energy for Lillabelle, I hope everything goes well and I want to see her in her clothes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Thank you Gamze. Erm well we are not dressing her up now. Especially as when I tried to catch her today she bit me on the inner forearm. She broke the skin but not bleeding. It really hurt though. I just don't have the reflexes to move away quick enough now. She had hold by her teeth and wouldn't let go and I envisioned her biting a chunk out my arm but luckily she let go. It is now really sore and bruised now โ˜น

However I am really nervous of going near her front end as this is the second bite she has given me in the last month or so. I checked her over without going near her mouth and luckily she was lovely and clean and her claws did not need doing. Just as well really ๐Ÿ˜‚

Chief needed his claws doing and his anal glands needed doing again! I did his claws ok but when I was trying to do his anal glands he started fast breathing a bit so we thought enough is enough and left it there.

I noticed a bald spot to the side of his tail when I was brushing him today. Does anybody have an idea what it could be? It didn't look sore. He had a little bit of yellow urine stain on his fur aswell but didn't look sore anywhere. I was thinking maybe urine scald but couldn't see anything wrong when I checked him over. I could ask the vet about it tomorrow actually thinking about it.

So with a little drama they are all ready. We gave them a good brush earlier aswell. Just going to count down the hours now til tomorrow. We are going to the cinema tonight while we can leave the buns for the evening and it will also take our minds off tomorrow x

Last edited:
Sending lots of vibes for your girl having her spay today, tonibun. And topping up the vibes for Lillabelle for tomorrow.

I hope both their operations go well and that they also both make speedy and uneventful recoveries.
Thank you so much Omi ๐Ÿ˜Š

I tried to look for your thread today Tonibun but I couldn't find it sorry. I hope today went well with your bun getting spayed and she is now recovering at home โค

I am sorry Lillabelle bit you again. I hope it heals quickly and she does not do it again.
Sending you all lots of positive vibes for a successful op and a fast recovery.
Maybe Lillabelle pulled the fur from near Mischief's tail. If it is not red, just monitor it. Perhaps take a picture and check it does not get larger or sore.

Thank you Gamze. Erm well we are not dressing her up now. Especially as when I tried to catch her today she bit me on the inner forearm. She broke the skin but not bleeding. It really hurt though. I just don't have the reflexes to move away quick enough now. She had hold by her teeth and wouldn't let go and I envisioned her biting a chunk out my arm but luckily she let go. It is now really sore and bruised now โ˜น

However I am really nervous of going near her front end as this is the second bite she has given me in the last month or so. I checked her over without going near her mouth and luckily she was lovely and clean and her claws did not need doing. Just as well really ๐Ÿ˜‚

Chief needed his claws doing and his anal glands needed doing again! I did his claws ok but when I was trying to do his anal glands he started fast breathing a bit so we thought enough is enough and left it there.

I noticed a bald spot to the side of his tail when I was brushing him today. Does anybody have an idea what it could be? It didn't look sore. He had a little bit of yellow urine stain on his fur aswell but didn't look sore anywhere. I was thinking maybe urine scald but couldn't see anything wrong when I checked him over. I could ask the vet about it tomorrow actually thinking about it.

So with a little drama they are all ready. We gave them a good brush earlier aswell. Just going to count down the hours now til tomorrow. We are going to the cinema tonight while we can leave the buns for the evening and it will also take our minds off tomorrow x
Ohh a girl who has learned to protect herself very well omg ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hope everything goes well for Lillabelle and we get to see her in her cute outfits too ๐Ÿ˜‚
Cinema is a great idea, which movie are you going to see?

Sending so many vibes I hope it all goes well!

Also I agree, I wouldn't use the shirt unless I absolutely had to, I've never had to before. I've had 5 females spayed and never had any problems with them bothering the area, and tbh proper pain meds is the real key here to avoiding that imo.

Wishing Lilabelle a smooth op & recovery. Having some herbs in to tempt her to eat might be a plan.
Thank you. Yes we managed to get fresh dill and parsley in. We put it in as their packed lunch with curly kale (Lillabelle's fave veggie) and brocolli. My OH is going for a veggies shop after we pick them up from the vets

I am sorry Lillabelle bit you again. I hope it heals quickly and she does not do it again.
Sending you all lots of positive vibes for a successful op and a fast recovery.
Maybe Lillabelle pulled the fur from near Mischief's tail. If it is not red, just monitor it. Perhaps take a picture and check it does not get larger or sore.
Yes I hope so too! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Taking a pic is a great idea. Thank you x

Thinking of you and Lillabelle today, keep yourself busy, she'll soon be home xx
Thank you. Well I have been asleep. This morning I didn't know where I was or what was happening. My OH took ages to wake me up. So I went back to bed when got back from the vetsa

My OH however has been busy steam cleaning the carpet and the cage area in here ready for them. He is just putting the cage up then we are going to put clean sheets and blankets down and a big dog cushion which will be nice and soft.

Then we are putting potty training pads down where the litter tray goes. We usually hang hay up in bags by the litter tray. Usually we put hay in the litter trays aswell but we won't put hay on the floor. Plus we have washed and steam cleaned all their toys and willow chews.

Does that all sound ok? Please anyone feel free to say if I am doing anything wrong. I am winging it here ๐Ÿ˜‚

It feels so weird not having them here x

Ohh a girl who has learned to protect herself very well omg ๐Ÿ˜ฌ๐Ÿ˜‚ I hope everything goes well for Lillabelle and we get to see her in her cute outfits too ๐Ÿ˜‚
Cinema is a great idea, which movie are you going to see?
Do you mean Lillabelle? Or that I am a black belt in karate and a little bunny got under my guard ๐Ÿ˜‚

Well the vet said they will put a suit on if she starts chewing the stitches but otherwise it is left to us to battle with her if she needs it ๐Ÿ˜ฑ ๐Ÿ˜‚

We went to see Abigail which is a horror about a little girl ballerina/ vampire. Just a blood fest really. Very disappointing!
๐Ÿ˜˜โค

Back