• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet Vac Recommendations Pls

joey&boo

Wise Old Thumper
The time has come 🤣 we have bad carpet shamies & need help. Elderly buns & carpet are not a good mix

Tempted by the Vax pet one. anyone tried one? Plus I really don't want to use the vax solution stuff so I'm really interested to know of any experience using it without all the chemicals

Help 🤣 🤣

Daughter has this one for spot cleaning dog wee accidents (Vax Spotwash Home Duo spot Carpet Cleaner):

It won't do a whole carpet easily, but it's not made for that.

I have a standard (old) Vax barrel on wheels type wet-and-dry carpet cleaner, which will do standard rooms fairly easily. We both use Vax carpet shampoo. I've used it for decades with no issues and I'm fussy about what the cats come into contact with. You need to use something that will get stains and smells out and is low foaming. Sometimes I've just sprinkled bio washing power on a damp patch and used hot water in the vax to clean it up, but it doesn't really do as good a job as the proper shampoo.

I have this

Vax SpotWash Duo Spot Cleaner | Lifts Spills and Stains from Carpets, Stairs, Upholstery | Dedicated Messy Tool for Pets – CDCW-CSXA, 1 Litre, Grey/Blue, 440W https://amzn.eu/d/03lLeLL

It's really good but I haven't used it without a shampoo tbh so I can't comment on that

Is it smell or visual stains, coz if its smell I've used bicarb and that's worked really well before

Tbh tho vanish carpet spray works amazing on stains on my carpet (not the natural wool one I'd be too scared to try it haha) but my main room carpets are synthetic and it gets rid of stains so well. Also if you have synthetic carpets you can use a bleach watered down solution too.

I have this

Vax SpotWash Duo Spot Cleaner | Lifts Spills and Stains from Carpets, Stairs, Upholstery | Dedicated Messy Tool for Pets – CDCW-CSXA, 1 Litre, Grey/Blue, 440W https://amzn.eu/d/03lLeLL

It's really good but I haven't used it without a shampoo tbh so I can't comment on that

Is it smell or visual stains, coz if its smell I've used bicarb and that's worked really well before

Tbh tho vanish carpet spray works amazing on stains on my carpet (not the natural wool one I'd be too scared to try it haha) but my main room carpets are synthetic and it gets rid of stains so well. Also if you have synthetic carpets you can use a bleach watered down solution too.
its everything 🤣 I'd been spot cleaning with WW vinegar & bicarb most days...but then I got this forever cold where I cba to do anything but absolute essentials (work, bunny care, bake cakes). This was right after Boo was poorly & not eating cecos (cos of penicillin I think) ...there were countless times I'd tread on one & then take multiple steps before I noticed. It all feels very unhygienic. Its a big carpet too.

So we bought one. Unfortunately missed delivery today so now coming Wednesday

So i have lovely clean & fresh carpets ❤️ and the heaviest bulkiest machine possible 🤣
Now I need to rehome my karcher steam cleaner & veg dehydrator as need storage room.

My intention is to use vinegar in the pre treatment wand & get myself some Astonish (Cruelty Free) Carpet Shampoo for machines

Glad you now have lovely clean carpets J & B, sounds very professional, fancy coming down and doing mine 🤣

thank you Petsmum. I am happy to report that all missed cecos & pees have arrived in the correct stations so the carpets still look great.

It's a no i'm afraid. It took everything I had to carry it downstairs 🤣 its mega powerful

Back