• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by Sherlock

1. S

Selective hearing??

I'm certain my buns sometimes day dream or sleep dream so externally they look awake but really they are not paying attention - regardless of their ear and nose movements. Maybe it was that. It's so difficult to tell sometimes especially when they are asleep with their eyes open.
  2. S

To neuter or not to neuter?

Out of interest do you know what the scientific evidence or papers or studies is/ are? My partner is very interested to read all of these studies.
  3. S

Hutch recomendation for 4

If you want to invest in a good quality hutch then I thoroughly recommend a kernow hutch, you'd need to collect from Cornwall, but they will last for 10 years and he custom builds them. I have three kernow set ups giving each set of my buns 90-94 square foot each. My largest hutch set up is an 8...
  4. S

Depression in rabbits.

I've seen grief and depression in my bunnies when they lost their partner. No doubt about it whatsoever! When adelle lost Sherlock she became very clingy, didn't want to leave my side, needed lots of cuddles and attention, was very sad and mopey and inactive. Recently my two girls verity and...
  5. S

Cost of neutering/spaying?

Have you tried contacting a local rescue and asking what vet they use as cost comes in cind to expertise and quality of care - especially for surgery of this type.
  6. S

Roxy biting:-(

Im going to ask the basic question as I can't see it in the thread - is she neutered?
  7. S

Roxy biting:-(

Have you tried reading her behaviour so that you can listen to what she is telling you? I did this when my snuggle bun started to become aggressive, and now she's back to being a snuggle bun, plus I understand her a lot better - our communication is now two way not one...
  8. S

Breed of our rabbit

I suspect a french or German lop with ears that length.
  9. S

Rabbit Savvy Vets near Walton-On-Thames/Surrey?

Have you contacted ARC rescue as they are based twickenham/Richmond to see who their vet is? Alternatively if you are prepared to travel slightly down the m3 vets gill is a bunny recommended vet.
  10. S

Advice on petrified rescue bun please.

The nervous buns I've had have responded best to having a two floor hutch so that they had some height if they wanted - so you can be same height (ie head height without having to a huge presence flat on a floor). Plus having some space that they knew was there's and that I'd only go into for...
  11. S

Run roof help please?

I had the tarpaulin problem, so what I've changed my roof run cover to is conservatory roofing panels - you can buy them at wickes and the investment is worth while as in winter they will act as insulation. Something like this: http://www.wickes.co.uk/invt/246000 they come in different sizes and...
  12. S

No toys, no treats!

Hello, I'd say don't worry about the treats if you don't need them - you shouldn't offer too much fruit as it's very high in natural sugars which aren't good for bunnies. Have you tried fresh herbs like rosemary, mint, basil, parsley, coriander, dill and fenugreek - my bunnies love this...
  13. S

Bunnies Found On Dog Walk (Babies and Single male now here)

What a lucky trio of bunnies and the babies to find the lovely lady. Which ones are girls and which ones are boys? They are so scrummy.
  14. S

Anyone have French Lops?

Well I have french lop crosses - so this is what I feed mine - but there is a whole thread on rabbit stories on picture of french lops so if you post it on there you might get a better response. My buns: Unlimited amount of hay from a farm shop bale - stalky variety. Pellets - science...
  15. S

Help found a wild baby rabbit....

She is so gorgeous - I'd call her charcoal as she's slightly grey and will give lots of warmth.
Back