• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by killabuni

1. killabuni

WW: Top 5 Rabbit Care Myths

Bucks that haven't yet been neutered are always aggressive. I don't know where I read this, it might have even been on this forum, but it's utter nonsense. I have two entire adult bucks and they're sweethearts. Another has been neutered and is aggressive. The last one has been neutered but he's...
  2. killabuni

Metacam dosage help please

My elderly bun, a ND mix, had 0.6ml Metacam every single day for well over a year and a half until his death because he had arthritis. It did him the world of good! :)
  3. killabuni

Blindness in NZ White

Hi, thanks for the reply and info. I know all about head swaying due to having albino rats with blindness years ago (in general, rats actually do it to get their bearings and judge perception, but albinos do more) so it's nothing new to me, but since never having an albino rabbit before and not...
  4. killabuni

Harry and Clymo

Not a bunny, but a piggy. Harry passed away on Monday morning with me stroking him. I cradled him for a few hours until about 5am, then I really needed to sleep, and a few hours later I woke up and went to him just as he was taking his last breaths, so I stroked his little face and told him he...
  5. killabuni

Rabbitopia anyone?

I'd have liked that 'den' area at the very top to be a lot higher for them to stand up in properly, the smaller enclosures to be advertised as runs for a lone dwarf when attached to another run, but overall I love the idea. Also the prices are very high but that is what you pay for good quality...
  6. killabuni

How to stop the buns gorging themselves

When I got two of my new buns this year, one I knew hadn't even seen, smelt or tasted grass before. The other possibly had but he was living on soil when I rescued him, at least for the year his previous owner had him. I put all new herbivores in a run straight away, unless it's raining heavily...
  7. killabuni

Do you bring outdoor rabbits inside for bonfire night?

Never did with my eldest, never will with the ones I have now who I mostly got this year. I don't live somewhere my neighbours will be firing any anyway, thankfully. It's always quiet in our estate, mostly full of elderly people.
  8. killabuni

Blindness in NZ White

Due to their albinism, I'm guessing it's common for NZ Whites to be blind, if just partially? And if so, although I've kept albino rats with blindness before although totally different animal, is it something that could deteriorate as they age? I adopted a young buck earlier in the year and...
  9. killabuni

6 month old doe & 11 year old buck - bonded experience

Since I was here last I've adopted a young doe as company for my elderly buck. The first day I put them together they were ok, although Clymo (my buck) didn't like Whisky (my doe) under the table in the dining room as he knows that's "his" space. Clymo has arthritis so on a cold or rainy day, or...
  10. killabuni

Available Individual: 2 bunnies needing homes

Phoenix and Finley have now found a new home, just wanted to say so this thread could be closed/removed. Thanks :)
  11. killabuni

Available Individual: 2 bunnies needing homes

Just to emphasise I need to have these guys re-homed as soon as possible please. I am unable to let them out safely in my garden or runs so they are mainly in their hutch until I can sit outside with them on a good day for a couple of hours (which at the moment is rare with the rain this past...
  12. killabuni

VIP and SUPER VIP buns ar P@H!!!!!! *worse than ever!*

I agree to both! Just shows they care very little for the animals involved to put them through any of this. I don't see why they can't let them grow up a bit before all of this is done.
  13. killabuni

But they could still be selling products for the animals regardless of whether the customer bought animals from there or not. I never have bought an animal from any P@H, but I have bought bits from there. They don't need to sell animals, it's not necessary. And the comment about the adoption...
  14. killabuni

The more posts I'm reading about them losing money and gaining profit, sorry but animals aren't objects. They're not like a pair of shoes that if someone walks into a shoe shop and wants a certain style or colour, they can just ship some more in :cry: That's the main reason why they should be...
  15. killabuni

Just been on the phone to my mum and was telling her about this. She's not completely au fait with animal welfare or care, but even she doesn't agree with or understand why they're doing this, and she asked a very good question: What happens to the babies once they're not 'cute' and 'cuddly'...
Back