• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Available Individual: 2 bunnies needing homes

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Posted on behalf of killabuni

Finley:

Physical Description: Small, black cross breed.
Temperament: Territorial in his hutch but calm enough to be handled. He does kick and wriggle unpredictably when he's had enough.
Sex: Male.
Neuter Status: Neutered (and micro-chipped)
Vaccination Status: Up-to-date with Myxomatosis and VHD (booklet with come with him)
Health: He's a very healthy boy.
Type of home wanted: No young children. Not sure about other pets. Will need a very large rabbit-proof garden (just doesn't like being enclosed). Alternatively, he could make a lovely house rabbit if rabbit-proofed. He is litter trained enough to be kept inside, I believe. Must stay with his sister Phoenix, as they are very much a bonded pair.
Reason for re-homing: I suffer with severe mental health issues and it's becoming more and more difficult to care for him and his sister. I don't have the energy to keep finding new ways of out-smarting them as they are determined to get out the garden all the time, and I don't want them to have to stay in their hutch all day.

Phoenix:

Physical Description: Brown/tan and grey. Small, cross breed.
Temperament: Easier to handle than her brother, but still does kick and wriggle when she's had enough. Does show territorial behaviour a little, but not as much as Finley.
Sex: Female
Neuter Status: Spayed (and micro-chipped)
Vaccination Status: Up-to-date with Myxomatosis and VHD (booklet will come with her)
Health: She's a healthy girl.
Type of home wanted: Again, no young children. Not sure about other pets. Will need a very large rabbit-proof garden (she's the master of escape artists). Alternatively, she could make a lovely house rabbit if rabbit-proofed. She is litter trained enough to be kept inside, I believe. Must stay with her brother Finley, as they are very much a bonded pair.
Reason for re-homing: I suffer with severe mental health issues and it's becoming more and more difficult to care for her and her brother. Again, I don't have the energy to keep finding new ways of out-smarting them as they are determined to get out the garden all the time, and I don't want them to have to stay in their hutch all day.

Finley:
HPIM0009.jpg

HPIM0002-1.jpg

Phoenix:
HPIM0007-1.jpg

HPIM0011.jpg

HPIM0097.jpg

Just to emphasise I need to have these guys re-homed as soon as possible please. I am unable to let them out safely in my garden or runs so they are mainly in their hutch until I can sit outside with them on a good day for a couple of hours (which at the moment is rare with the rain this past week here) to supervise. All they ever want is to get out, doesn't matter how many of their toys and things I put out, its just straight to the edge of the garden digging out and our garden is really large. I'm unable to make the garden rabbit proof because my dad won't let me dig up the garden to do all that.

I've tried local rescues and they're not able to take them so that isn't an option. I can't travel far as my mum does the driving for me and won't go too far out so they will need to go to someone local or will need collecting. Their hutch and things will be coming with them as I won't need it, so a trailer will be needed to collect.

Even if someone could collect and then deliver to someone else who could take them on or a rescue possibly, it's just making me feel awful that they're being kept in their hutch pretty much 24/7.

Please contact me on my email harvey_wren@live.co.uk where I'll get your message faster than on here as I don't always come on the forum.

Thank you,

killabuni

Phoenix and Finley have now found a new home, just wanted to say so this thread could be closed/removed.

Back