• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by gingernutty

1. G

Getting my rabbit to like me

I have a little Nethie, he was quite skittish and scared of me, until i bonded him with my hugely chilled out and affectionate french lop. My french lop has shown my nethie that Im not scary and now my nethie is really affectionate too!
  2. G

Hair Cutting

Im lucky that my bunny is really calm and i can happily snip away with siccors. She is a french lop so her fur isnt very long but it easily would get matted as she has head tilt and cannot clean properly so i usually snip around the bum area and sometimes around the bib
  3. G

How long until E.C. symptoms improve?

I am syringe feeding her water and some food at the moment, she lets alot just dribble out again. The vet has suggested putting her down. I wanted to fight but I dont know how long to leave it. I thought she would be eating better by now.
  4. G

How long until E.C. symptoms improve?

My bunny was diagnosed with EC on wednesday and has been on panacur and imeprid and metecam. She is eating one bunch of herbs a day, and maybe 10 or so pellets and a bit of hay and is not drinking by herself. Those that have had success with the condition-were your bunnies still eating and drinking?
  5. G

Does the rspca adoption donation vary from centre to ow much would you expect to pay?

Is the donation really a donation or a set amount? How much for a neutered microchipped and vaccinated rabbit? Has anyone asked for paperwork as proof of this?
  6. G

Post Mortem help!

My Bailey died late last night. He was only 4 years old. I would like to know the cause but my vets are saying that for a post mortem they have to refer out to animal trust or Royal veterinary hospital and will charge me around£200/£300 ( no exact price - they seemed to not really know the...
  7. G

Water bowl vs water bottle

All my bunnies have preferred bowls. They used to get frustrated with the bottle and also they used to leak alot. One of my rabbits I adopted was brought up with a bottle and when I switched him to a bowl he drank so much more, but would always end up with a wet chin that did start getting a...
  8. G

Is it cruel not to have a regular feeding time?

Yep I know about the body weight in hay thing, I think it is a point that alot of first time owners are not aware of, but Ive been a bunny mum for a long time now :) Sorry I didn't mention it in my first post because my point was about timing, but yes my rabbits gets the recommended amount of...
  9. G

Maddie caught red handed...

sooo cute! they seems so happy xx
  10. G

Is it cruel not to have a regular feeding time?

My two rabbits have access to hay 24/7, this never gets low as I understand they are grazing animals. With food pellets I measure out the correct amount they should be eating according to the science select packet and give this to them each morning. The days I'm working they are given the...
  11. G

Over grooming around the eye

The run minimum given by the RAWF is 8x4, which mine is more than. The length of my hutch is 5 foot-ish and depth is 2 foot, height is near enough 4 foot as it is a double hutch. So, despite being 30cm short in length it has almost double the RAWF minimum space because it is a double hutch...
  12. G

Over grooming around the eye

I bonded my neutered rabbits 6 weeks ago now using the method of gradually increasing space. No fights, alot of humping, but that has calmed down now. The problem now is that the more timid and smaller female rabbit is overgrooming the male rabbits eye and its going bald! I have tried putting...
  13. G

Nethies (any colouring)

[/URL][/IMG] Tinkerbellex
  14. G

Harlequin Bunnies

[/URL][/IMG]
  15. G

How do you neutralise carpet?

how long does the smell of vinegar hang around for?!
Back