• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Recent content by BevBunny

1. BevBunny

Norma - gentle little girl needing a home

Norma is a white lop with pink eyes. She was found sat on the side of the road in the village next to mine. We’ve advertised for her owners but with no luck, & actually suspect she was dumped. Temperament - she’s a very sweet natured gentle girl, happy to be fussed & comes to me whenever I...
  2. BevBunny

Lost/abandoned bunny (let’s call it Norman)

I fed him less greens than in the photo the first day to see what the reaction was, & no sticky bum & his poos are still massive. He seems ok today too, so hopefully he’s ok with that amount, I will keep a close eye. He constantly munches hay, and went through a mound of hay twice the size of...
  3. BevBunny

I did wonder if he might have come from a rescue & that’s why he’s chipped. He seems super chilled this morning (see photo) so I’m going to take him to the vets again tomorrow for a thorough check & a more full discussion. I will ask them what they can tell me from the microchip info. If it’s a...
  4. BevBunny

Already seen for a quick check over when his chip was scanned. If I’ve not found his owner in a week or so I’ll take him back for a more thorough examination & discussion then (unless he shows any signs of illness in the meantime of course). I wondered about vaccinations - he might already be...
  5. BevBunny

@Shimmer thank you do much, super helpful. You’ve hit the nail on the head rather pellets, I had no idea how much to give him, & I rarely trust feeding guides on bags. I’ll keep a close eye on his weight. I’ve noticed the scanning, & we’re just being v conscious of trying not to startle him -...
  6. BevBunny

Hi all - I used to be on here all the time many years ago but I’ve not had bunnies for 12 years now since my last 2 died v suddenly a week apart from totally unrelated things. 😥 Well, I need your help & to make sure I’m doing the right thing. My neighbour found a little white lop on the side of...
  7. BevBunny

Rabbits outside or inside in London

Hello, I haven't read all 4 pages of replies so sorry if someone has already said this. I live in London, I rented here for 6 years or so before I bought my house, and had house bunnies for the whole time. I used both private landlords and letting agents. Things that helped me were...
  8. BevBunny

Dog crate for giants

I had a french lop so not as big as a conti but he had a 42 inch dog crate (with his wifey bun) and then an area in front of the dog crate which was fenced in, so they had about 8 foot by 6 foot (including the crate). We just put the fence up when we went out or over night etc, and this worked...
  9. BevBunny

free 42" dog crate in SE20 if anyone wants it - GONE

Saturday is great, will PM you. Excellent, and great to get it sorted so quick. :D
  10. BevBunny

No problem. I work, so if you wanted it this week it would have to be Thurs evening or at the weekend. Check with your parents and let me know.
  11. BevBunny

It can go asap, as it just sat in my workshop down the garden, but on the other hand if you couldn't collect it for a couple of weeks I would be happy to keep it for you. I'd be really pleased if you'd be happy to make a small donation to my local rescue, thats where some of my bunnies came...
  12. BevBunny

I tried my local resuce but they want outdoor hutches not dog crates. I will try further afield but I don't want to have to take it to them, as it won't fit in my v diddy car!
  13. BevBunny

:DHi everyone, I had house bunnies for over 10 years and used this forum a lot, it was always such a massive help. Unfortunately my two bunnies died very suddenly just over 2 years ago, just a week apart and from two totally unrelated illnesses (kidney failure, and a congenital spine defect), it...
  14. BevBunny

Wobbly bunny

Thats exactly how I feel, I can't even face looking at a bunny. I went to my local rescue (where Darwin came from) to drop a 10kg bag of food I'd just got, spare litter trays, hay racks, willow toys, litter trays etc etc oh and a carrier bag full of boxes of treats and panacur tubes (I used to...
  15. BevBunny

Urgent - Brown Snot/ Choking

I cut some things up: carrots - they only get a few slices brocolli - cut into florets (as you'd have them for your dinner) cabbage - I shred it into 2cm wide pieces, herbs - stay whole peppers - 2cm square pieces green beans/sugar snap peas/mange tout - all remain whole and so on. I once...
Back