• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Time To Eat

bunnybannanas

Mama Doe
Petra has decided to go on hunger strike today. I'm not sure if it's because either:-

1. i went out for dinner without her last night
2. The dreaded hoover monster came out this morning
3. She's decided to try and slim down and get rid of the winter coat.

In any event today she hasn't eaten or drunk all day and I'm starting to get a little bit worried about her.

Can we have some encouraging words / tellings off before the oxbow comes out. She has exactly 30 minutes to start eating. I've just massaged her tummy for a bit to see if it helps.

Did she eat yesterday evening when you got home or do you know when she last ate? Has she pooed at all today? Sending vibes for Petra.

Did she eat yesterday evening when you got home or do you know when she last ate? Has she pooed at all today? Sending vibes for Petra.

Yeah she was munching away when i got home and i know she ate at about midnight because i was playing with her until i went to bed.

She slept downstairs last night buy I didn't see any poops. I tell you what she has just done - gone to her litter tray, sat inside it, stuck her bum over the side and peed on the floor. [emoji19] if I wasn't worried about her she would be told off right now.

So no poo last night and today. And no food or drink all day today. Is she behaving normally and running around? I think I would want her examined by a vet before giving her any syringe feed.

So no poo last night and today. And no food or drink all day today. Is she behaving normally and running around? I think I would want her examined by a vet before giving her any syringe feed.

No poop but she has peed. She's running around and behaving completely normally

How's Petra now? Any change?

She's had a bit of parsley and some more hay. We have a few poops and a bit more wee (IN the litter tray thankfully!) we're sat cuddling and I'm trying to convince her to eat some pellets! At least she's pooped.

Yes, pear is fine :thumb: Much better for her and probably more tasty than the wall :lol:

16294969b90572ae87527bf783c27887.jpg

Why eat your own food when you can eat the tortoise food?! [emoji848][emoji849]

Guess we're back to normal

I think I would just leave it, but monitor what she's eating/drinking and what her output is. If she eats the pear, there will be some fluid in that and if she's weeing then she can't be dehydrated.

I think I would just leave it, but monitor what she's eating/drinking and what her output is. If she eats the pear, there will be some fluid in that and if she's weeing then she can't be dehydrated.

Ok I shall see how she goes thank you x

Back