• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

OMG !! Bloody dog just got hold of my bun :(

I hope your bun is ok. To give you hope, my patterdale terrier got my ferdi bun in a terrible accident. We rushed Ferdi to the vet and he had some injections (painkiller and something to keep his gut moving). Ferdi and his wifebun spent 24 hours at the vets as a precaution but he was totally fine. Our vet said that it is the ratting that dogs sometimes do that will kill them due to internal injuries, luckily in our case the terrier picked the bun up and then dropped it straight away. Fingers crossed for you

Thank you all so much for your messages. I am going to have a little peak before i attempt to go to bed. I never realised how attached to him i was tilll now.

I meant surgery as in place. if he makes it, he will be going in again tomorrow so he can have a really good check up.

This is Trevor

trevor.jpg

Tell Trevor that he's a very handsome lad and that we are all rooting for him. Hope he does okay.

I had a bunny here (my big black beast Noah) who had been gotten round his neck by the owners new jack Russell puppies and thrown around like a rag doll - so obviously the rabbit had to go. He spent the rest of his life with us. I don't think it affected him greatly mentally but I do think it affected him physically so it's definitely worth getting Trev checked when he's less stressed just in case he has any skeletal injuries.

All the best for him.

Just gonna ask what vets you are going to?? I live in the Scottish Borders too.

He is gorgeous and I hope he feels better.

Just gonna ask what vets you are going to?? I live in the Scottish Borders too.

He is gorgeous and I hope he feels better.

Where are you about ?

I am with Reed,Cameron,Brown in St Boswells. now known as Greenside veterinary practice.

Poor Trevor :( He's a very handsome chappie, I hope he's okay overnight and is feeling better by tomorrow, let us know how he gets on; sending positive thoughts his way xxx

Just been to check on Trevor. I stood outside the door trying to pluck up the courage to open it. I was terrified i would open the door and see him dead.

To my suprise he was sat on his little green stool. He was fast asleep. At least it means he has moved around a bit. I'm trying not to get too excited though.

Morning.

Trevor has made it through the night:D . He looks bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. He was sitting munching hay when i went in. I am so releived that he's pulled through. Thank you to everyone for all the messages. They must have worked.

I will let you know what happens with the vet. I was told to call about 10am.

Aw bless him, he looks so sweet :)

Sounds like he is going to be ok if he is munching on his hay. Sending lots of healing and :love: his way.

Back