• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Starfish is holding her own! Looking back.

Today is another lovely day. Rather than just sitting in one place I have watched her move around today and actually look animated. She is diving into food when it appears. She still loves anything fresh, adores her chudleys RR and gets her whole head into the stalky bits of the great hay I have right now and comes up triumphantly with a couple of strands, her mouth moving nineteen to the dozen.:lol::love::love:

This morning's feast was savoy cabbage, mint, sage, raspberry leaves, coriander and grass with clover. It was all devoured. Their diet is full of variety at the moment, a lot of it from the garden which is a lovely feeling and so good for Starfish who needs all the best nutrients to help her.

It is fantastic to see her so interested in life and eating so well. I think the metacam must be really helping control her pain and I am starting to think we could go on like this for some time to come.

Well done Starfish and Mummy. :D Keep up the nomming Starfish. Be careful you don't get noms stuck in your lovely fur or Mummy will be at you with the brush.

Today is another lovely day. Rather than just sitting in one place I have watched her move around today and actually look animated. She is diving into food when it appears. She still loves anything fresh, adores her chudleys RR and gets her whole head into the stalky bits of the great hay I have right now and comes up triumphantly with a couple of strands, her mouth moving nineteen to the dozen.:lol::love::love:

This morning's feast was savoy cabbage, mint, sage, raspberry leaves, coriander and grass with clover. It was all devoured. Their diet is full of variety at the moment, a lot of it from the garden which is a lovely feeling and so good for Starfish who needs all the best nutrients to help her.

It is fantastic to see her so interested in life and eating so well. I think the metacam must be really helping control her pain and I am starting to think we could go on like this for some time to come.

This has brought tears of happiness to my eyes.

Absolutely thrilled to hear such wonderful news.

We all hope and pray that as you say" we could go on like this for some time to come" :D:D:D:D

Have a wonderful day together, x

Starfish has been doing well. She has been devouring food and turns her nose up at the last of the hay for pets meadow hay in favour of the really stalky farm hay which will be so good for her teeth. She nibbles at pellets but devours greens and her hay!

I was worried today that she was being bullied by Millie. If SF was eating something, Millie would hop towards her and Starfish immediately dropped what she was eating and hopped off. However, a few minutes later, Floppy and Millie were eating a pile of pellets and Starfish muscled in between them and Millie went away. They have their own wee social structure and I woul love to know what they are saying to each other.

I was at the vet with her yesterday and she was really pleased with her. She has kept her weight even though she has finished a big moult and the fact she is eating so well made the vet happy. The only thing of day to day concern is that she is slightly incontinent. I know it is her because the wee is so watery but I have her on megazorb and lots of hay in her favourite box so she isn't in too much of a mess. She is staying on the metacam. The tumours are sore to touch but the vet is confident that the pain is under control the rest of the time.

A couple of pics of my fluff ball!

SFHayBasket.JPG

SFHayBasket1.JPG

I have only just seen this thread. So glad Starfish is on the mend, what a worrying time you have had. Vibes for lovely Starfish:love:

Bless her. :love: The pain must be under control for her to be nomming. She looks very flufy and alert in the photos.

Thanks everyone. She is such a star. The other two were out for a run round the garden today and she wanted to join them but was unsure. She would sniff at the door, then run back to the hay! Tomorrow I will let them out longer and see if she will join them. That would be great to see!

Thanks everyone. She is such a star. The other two were out for a run round the garden today and she wanted to join them but was unsure. She would sniff at the door, then run back to the hay! Tomorrow I will let them out longer and see if she will join them. That would be great to see!

Wonderful news about Starfish!!!!!:D:D:D

Hoping you all have a lovely time in the garden today. x

Today is a wonderful day. I was gently teasing out the matts on her back paws when she started licking my chest! She did it over and over so it wasn't a mistake! I feel soooo lucky!:love::love:

I have let them free range in the garden again at the moment because the kids are back at school tomorrow and life will be more settled. Some days she comes out and has a runaround and others she stays quietly in the run. She is doing well, quietly in her own wee way.:love:

Back