• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long to wait to get another bun?

tilly2484

Warren Scout
We lost our gorgeous boy and Poppy his wifebun is missing him lots.I don't know how long you are supposed to wait before getting another companion. i don't want to replace Muffin in anyway but I want what is best for my little Poppy.

I waited 2 weeks before I got a friend for Akasma when I lost Frankie. You wouldn't be replacing a bun you would be offering a lovely home to another bun. If you need help with rescues near you let me as I am not too far away from you :wave:

Thank you- if you could let me know of any rescues that would be great.
Bit worried about Poppy not liking a new bun. When I bonded her and Muffin it took all of about 2 minutes. Worried it won't be as easy this time. Any tips?

Thank you- if you could let me know of any rescues that would be great.
Bit worried about Poppy not liking a new bun. When I bonded her and Muffin it took all of about 2 minutes. Worried it won't be as easy this time. Any tips?

Some rescues do the bonding for you. It should really be easier if they are used to a friend. I will add details of rescues when I am on my laptop.

I took Alaska to Jane dexters in Warwick to choose her friend Jane is very good at matching personalities. Then I bought them home and put them in a dog crate and kept an eye on them. It did take a couple of weeks but Akasma is a very feisty bun.

Last edited:
We waited one week as we could see the one left behind was lonely and getting stressed.

Jill at Honeybunnies rehomes nationally so it might be worth contacting her.

I've spoken to Mary at Woodford halse and she said she will do the bonding which is great. Due to meet up with her tomorrow. Can't find the address though. The BARKS website has a different address on. I'll have to call her tomorrow.

Thanks millions

I've spoken to Mary at Woodford halse and she said she will do the bonding which is great. Due to meet up with her tomorrow. Can't find the address though. The BARKS website has a different address on. I'll have to call her tomorrow.

Thanks millions

Marys lovely I got Wesley from there. Might be worth pming clutterydrawer as she helps out Mary. I may have the address somewhere.

Many thanks- got the address now! I got Poppy from mary a few years back so will be nice to go back there

Poppy is now with Mary in Woodford halse being bonded with Chips.

It was a bittersweet visit as I really want poppy to be happy but I felt awful as we have only just lost Muffin. I don't want poppy to forget him. But she is so depressed on her own.:cry:

Chips is gorg:love: Black and white and big fluffy body that looks too big for his head! He has a bit of angora in him. Seems very social-able and loves cuddles.

Anyway off into the run with Poppy he went and she licked him lots, they chased a bit, had naughty rabbit cuddles about 4 times:oops: I'm not used to that as never seen mine do it:lol:

So Poppy and Chips will be together for the next couple of days and if they carry on as they are then chips will be coming home. I need a new name though. He is called chips as he was found under a car outside a fish and chip shop:shock:

It was a bittersweet visit as I really want poppy to be happy but I felt awful as we have only just lost Muffin. I don't want poppy to forget him. But she is so depressed on her own.:cry:

Chips is gorg:love: Black and white and big fluffy body that looks too big for his head! He has a bit of angora in him. Seems very social-able and loves cuddles.

Anyway off into the run with Poppy he went and she licked him lots, they chased a bit, had naughty rabbit cuddles about 4 times:oops: I'm not used to that as never seen mine do it:lol:

So Poppy and Chips will be together for the next couple of days and if they carry on as they are then chips will be coming home. I need a new name though. He is called chips as he was found under a car outside a fish and chip shop:shock:

Awww let us know how it goes! Good Luck - Chips sounds lovely! :D

Aw, Chips sounds lovely (I like the name too :oops:). Don't feel guilty as you will hopefully be giving Chips a good home. They never replace our lost ones but do become part of the family as they have different personalities.

Back