• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex with cardiac problems U/D Good news!

Oidhche-Velvet is currently having little sneezing fits. She will sneeze 10 times or so in quick succession, then have a pause of a few seconds, then start again. She is still moving about and trying to wash her face in between it. They look like quite harsh sneezes - violent sideways jerks of the head.

She has been sneezing on and off previously which was thought to be the problems with her heart and breathing, but never had repeated fits like this. Anyone?

Pearl used to make a sneeze like action but i think it was a cough too :? as the heart drugs stabalised her the fits became less, i think it may of been the fluid :(

Pearl used to make a sneeze like action but i think it was a cough too :? as the heart drugs stabalised her the fits became less, i think it may of been the fluid :(

Damn. :( She has been on the diuretic and ACE inhibitor for over a fortnight now, I hope she isn't getting worse. :( I am really pinning my hopes on this Pimobendan now. Was also reading about one called Theophylline which is used in dogs and apparently has been used in buns so will ask about that.

Damn. :( She has been on the diuretic and ACE inhibitor for over a fortnight now, I hope she isn't getting worse. :( I am really pinning my hopes on this Pimobendan now. Was also reading about one called Theophylline which is used in dogs and apparently has been used in buns so will ask about that.

a fortnight is really early days tho hun, i had to wait 2 weeks just to see a tiny improvement and a diagnosis, it takes time so stabalise the blood pressure i think. the diruetic will get upped as she deteriorates too... dont panic yet tho... every time i thought pearl was at the end she perked right up again... some days are good some days are better and some days are just plain heartbreaking :( but i doesnt mean its the end until she tells you shes too tired to go on xxx

Oh poor little bunny. Sorry I don't have any experience or advice on this. Sending lots of healing vibes. And ((((hugs))))) to you xxx

a fortnight is really early days tho hun, i had to wait 2 weeks just to see a tiny improvement and a diagnosis, it takes time so stabalise the blood pressure i think. the diruetic will get upped as she deteriorates too... dont panic yet tho... every time i thought pearl was at the end she perked right up again... some days are good some days are better and some days are just plain heartbreaking :( but i doesnt mean its the end until she tells you shes too tired to go on xxx

I am trying not to think of it and just see what happens, but every time she starts breathing funny or sneezing I think, 'this is it'. When Vinnie was really ill last year she perked up right at the end, the day before she died, so I keep thinking of that too. :(

I will try and chill a bit. We don't have an official diagnosis yet - Oidhche isn't calm enough to do a conscious x-ray and we can't put her under GA until her stasis is completely gone. We're just guessing, but I think the guesses are right.

Update for anyone interested:

Oidhche-Velvet *seems* to be perking up slightly *touch wood*. I am very wary of posting this as she has taken longer than expected and it's only a very small improvement. I have been working a lot the last few days so not seen her as much, OH has been spending time with her and thinks she is looking better. When he went in this morning she started tugging his trousers for attention then licking his feet :lol:

She has more interested in food now and is coming up for cuddles. She hopped into the bedroom today for the first time in weeks which really made me happy, as she has been sticking to the kitchen - first sitting in her litter tay all day, then the rug, then starting to move around. I've not seen as much mouth breathing but I don't know if that's because I have seen her less.

We are off to see the vet tomorrow so we will see what he thinks. Any vibes for her are still much appreciated. :love:

so very glad shes feeling better, hope it lasts for a very long time :love:

good luck at the vets :wave: and loads of new vibes from me xxxx

Thank you all very much again :love:

We went to the vet yesterday, where I ended up collapsing, having a fit and being carted off in a ambulance :oops: My wonderful, wonderful vet kept her overnight and didn't even charge for it. :love: It was just wonderful of them :love:

Picked her up this morning and the vet said she has eaten lots overnight. He wants to stop the gut meds and he also thinks that she has improved with her breathing. :D:D:D We are to keep on the vetmedin and see how she goes over the next couple of weeks. :D She is still the same weight but looks much better apparently, I am so so pleased after the last visit :D

Back