• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

This week in Twickenham I am doing some bonding ...

They are behaving nicely, a little bit of humping but not too bad, not having to intervene at all.

I would suggest keeping them here until Sunday morning just to ensure that they are settled. when they go home keep them in a similiar space to what they are in and leave them in that sized space until you have had no humping, chasing etc for at least 48 hours then increase the space by a couple of square feet every 48 hours if they are ok.

Aw that's great thank you :D So glad it's going ok.

Busy cleaning day tomorrow! House is going to stink of vinegar :lol:

Looking forward to having them home, it's not the same without them here.

I have had a fairly quiet night got some sleep :D which was better than I thought I would have :shock:

I thought the trio were going to keep me up and having to be attentive, however they have just sat there in their little places not moving :? whilst it doesn't enhance their relationship it is also not bad as they are not fighting :) This morning in the past 5 mintues the two girls keep going nose to nose and then they back off without anything happening ... which is better than them fighting which they did yesterday. It is the boy who is the one who last night was the 'problem' as he has referred aggression to his partner as a result of the new comer being about.

Just had the boy with the new comer go nose to nose and they have both just backed off .... if this does work it may be a slow bond.

Now my other pair are very good together, whilst there is still a very small amount of mounting there is no chasing. Sometimes it is King Roofus and other times it is his lady who is doing the mounting. Mounting is far less frequent so far this morning than previously. :love:

Last edited:
Roofus and Peanut have not moved yet this morning, looks like they are still in bed with Peanut resting her head on the back of Roofus.

My tricky trio are still quiet, we have had another 2 nose to nose standoffs where one has backed away ... If they continue this we may just get there. If I can get Oyster to realise that Pumpkin is not a threat to his relationship with Fizzy I think we can get there ..........

Goes off to to read up on practical marriage guidance techniques and how to manage green eyed men ...

I'm glad you managed to get some sleep, I wasn't sure if you were going to get any :D it all sounds very promising in Twickenham this weekend.

I'm off to B&Q now to get some bits and bobs for their cage, and then lots of cleaning to do.

Good luck, I hope it goes ok today. :D

Hi Janice, hows it going in Twickenham today, hope it's not been too stressful!

Almost done neutralising, just about to clean the lounge carpet and go out for 2 hours while it dries.

Are we still ok to pick the buns up tomorrow morning do you think? Let me know what time is good for you. So excited about them coming home :D

Hi Janice, hows it going in Twickenham today, hope it's not been too stressful!

Almost done neutralising, just about to clean the lounge carpet and go out for 2 hours while it dries.

Are we still ok to pick the buns up tomorrow morning do you think? Let me know what time is good for you. So excited about them coming home :D

They are fine for tomorrow morning, let me know a time and I will be up and dressed.

I think with the trio we have made a positive step forward, instead of the head to head pose where it looks like one or both will go to bite the other ones nose we have grooming from the Oyster who is quite a jealous character.

Wow your video of the trio looks really promising with the grooming.

These were doing nose to nose standoffs looking like they were going to bite the other ones noses off for a lot of the time since they arrived then all of a sudden we start getting grooming between the 2 that were a problem.

We now have a humping bunny, however now on a positive front I can see we should actually make a bond although a slow one.

come on you two sort out your differences:D

Two of the trio are now in mounting mode, whilst it didnt give me much sleep last night it is bringing them away from the nose nipping mode. I see this as a positive which is good as I was questioning if they would still be in the same pen togetehr on Saturday morning! For those who are not familiar with bonding rabbits this is why it is really important to allow plenty of time to do a bonding and have a contingency plan if things go far slower than hoped.

Peanut and King Roofus have been very good overnight a little mounting and lots of snuggling and they are both groooming each others ears :D

Awww my little snuggly bunnies :D

Totally forgot about the clocks going forward! :oops: good job I got up an hour early anyway. See you soon. :D

All is quiet in Worcester park, there's been lots of snuggling and grooming from both, one mounting attempt by Peanut and we even had some small binkies from both! :love:

They very rarely leave eachothers side and are just being uber cuties, mummy and daddy have been cooing over them all afternoon :love:

I've taken a fare amount of photos already, so I'll upload them later.

Thank you again Janice for taking the time to help, we love our new loved up bunnies :D

:wave: Glad they are both content, you can obviously see that Peanut is quite dependent on Roofus. I am looking forward to see your pictures, I am sure Gisela will be forum watching as soon as she knows pictures are on the horizon :)

Just keep that space small and neutral and I am very confident that they will be fine.

Photo! :D

This was taken just a minute ago and they are still sat together like this now :love:

I've taken quite a few pics so I'll start a new thread in a moment and add them all there.

_MG_5874.jpg

Back