• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Fifty Year Old Teddy Bear Has Had...........

Wish I'd not posted the photos now :cry:

I still love im anyway

Night all

:cry:

Why do you wish you'd not posted photos? :( they're lovely :love:

I love what you've done with him, I'd love to do up my old teddy,but I'm scared I'd ruin him completely cos I'm poop at everything crafty:oops:mine's not quite 50 years old...just 16 :shock:

Just because he's had a makeover, doesn't change the bear inside :love: that's very skilled,wish I could do stuff like that :oops::love:

Eta-I think some people need to think about how a post might offend somebody before they post it..spesh if someone has worked really hard on something..(y'know, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all?)...just saying.:?

Last edited:
I feel absolutely terrible now. Sorry Jane there is no way I would say anything to upset you. I have a stupid way of wording things. Meaning do you like the new look. I would hate to think of you going to bed upset.

Oh bless, he looks very dapper now :) Well done Jane.

I have some little toy cats my mum made which are disintegrating and I'd love to protect them in some way but think they're so fragile that I'd just end up damaging them more if I did anything to them :? will just have to handle with care!

Cor Blimey Jane! :shock: He looks new again! :D
I'm sorry but I think you are pretty talented to do something like that!

My daughter has a, well I'm not sure what he is :lol: but he regularly gets a new coat. He is a totally different creature now. She loves him so much she can't sleep without him. She hates it if I wash him because she says he smells better dirty.

You've done a fab job there. :wave:

Please don't be sad...he's still the same old teddy underneath and it's what he means to you that counts. :love:

He is lovely and still looks like the same bear to me with a new coat of fur, it is obvious he is a very special bear, one of my bridge dogs had her hair trimmed short for the summer months and she used to look different after a makeover but still the same lovely cheeky dog.

Its a great makeover Jane :love::love::love: He looks so sweet and snuggable. You can see its the same bear from his shape.

We all change on the outside but on the inside we are the same :love::love:

Lovely.

He is lovely and obviously means a lot to you, Jane. :love: You've done a brilliant job too; if I'd done it, it wouldn't have looked anything like a teddy afterwards. :oops: :lol:

You did it because that's what you wanted to - don't take any notice of anybody telling you that you shouldn't have done it because they wouldn't have - it's completely irrelevant. ;)

He is lovely and obviously means a lot to you, Jane. :love: You've done a brilliant job too; if I'd done it, it wouldn't have looked anything like a teddy afterwards. :oops: :lol:

You did it because that's what you wanted to - don't take any notice of anybody telling you that you shouldn't have done it because they wouldn't have - it's completely irrelevant. ;)

Thank you and everyone else who understands that we are all different and that just because we think a certain way does not mean that everyone else has to agree with us xx

Awww love that photo of you as a little girl. Teddy looks HUGE there.

Great job, do you miss the look of old Teddy ?

So sorry Jane, should have said, do you like the new look of Teddy.

I feel so bad now.:(

Please dont worry and I have replied to your lovely PM :)

I guess it must be obvious that my Depression aint great atm. It is probably not 'normal' for a 50 year old woman to burst into tears when people on a chat Forum criticise her Teddy Bear.....................

you are so lucky to still have your bear - many don't survive that long! Mine is coming up for his 40th birthday this year, and he is very lucky to survived. Silly Teddy decided to wonder off on the beach one day when he was little, and was nearly not found. And another time he decided he didn't want to move bedsit and would rather stay and be chewed by mice :shock: But somehow he found me again.

treasure your teddy - because there are so many that never survive to see an old age - or have such a caring mummy!

I like the idea of the lavander bag around his neck! Lavander scent is nice and fresh, and favors a good sleep.

I'll tell you a small funny story about a teddy bear. When I studied at University I lived for a little while in a flat with this girl who at 20 not only still had the teddy of her childhood, but loved it dearly and slept with it every night, and took it with her wherever she went. Its name was Bubi and she'd had it from when she was just a few months old.
However, one time (I wasn't living in that flat yet) she went back home and forgot the teddy in Venice, something unconceivable for her. When she came back, she found her teddy hanging from the chandelier with a note: "You don't love me anymore! I'm done with this life. Bubi"
Together they had a great laugh and she never forgot her teddy again ;)

I like the idea of the lavander bag around his neck! Lavander scent is nice and fresh, and favors a good sleep.

I'll tell you a small funny story about a teddy bear. When I studied at University I lived for a little while in a flat with this girl who at 20 not only still had the teddy of her childhood, but loved it dearly and slept with it every night, and took it with her wherever she went. Its name was Bubi and she'd had it from when she was just a few months old.
However, one time (I wasn't living in that flat yet) she went back home and forgot the teddy in Venice, something unconceivable for her. When she came back, she found her teddy hanging from the chandelier with a note: "You don't love me anymore! I'm done with this life. Bubi"
Together they had a great laugh and she never forgot her teddy again ;)

Aw, poor Bubi :lol:

My first bunny,who I still have is called Bubby.

He has had several layers of fur due to being hugged so much.

When I was 7 we moved from Birmingham to Bournemouth, and as we were staying with my nan and grandad our furniture and most toys went into storage until we found a house.

I had left Bubby on my bed, which had been stripped for storage, and the removal men rolled him up with all the bed stuff :shock:

I thought mum had him safe, and she thought I had him safe - first thing she had to do when we arrived at nan's was make me a replacement - Bobby.

Six months later I got Bubby back when the furniture came out of storage, so now I had Bubby & Bobby, and I still have them both :love:

(They used to be white, but now are grey :lol:)

Aw, poor Bubi :lol:

My first bunny,who I still have is called Bubby.

He has had several layers of fur due to being hugged so much.

When I was 7 we moved from Birmingham to Bournemouth, and as we were staying with my nan and grandad our furniture and most toys went into storage until we found a house.

I had left Bubby on my bed, which had been stripped for storage, and the removal men rolled him up with all the bed stuff :shock:

I thought mum had him safe, and she thought I had him safe - first thing she had to do when we arrived at nan's was make me a replacement - Bobby.

Six months later I got Bubby back when the furniture came out of storage, so now I had Bubby & Bobby, and I still have them both :love:

(They used to be white, but now are grey :lol:)

Awwww !!!

My Teddy has had 3 makeovers during his 50 years. My late Mum got a work colleague to do the first one and because Teddy did not turn out exactly the same as before Mum thought I'd be really upset, even though I was about 20. But I really did not mind at all. I KNEW he was still the same Bear, looks only go fur deep, it's what's inside that matters :love:

My Teddy is a 'Wendy Boston Bear'

http://www.luckybears.com/encyclopaedia_wendyboston.asp

Those are some mad sewing skillz Jane :love:

Honestly, well done :D

I have a mushroom, called Fergie when i was 6. He's in the loft now, i can't bear to get rid of him, but he has a hole, and stuffing falls out. I've tried on countless occasions to fix, but always fail. Might put him on the 'bear bus' to you for fixage ;)

I gave my Percy Penguin a beak transplant about 10 years ago, and am trying to gear myself up to some more needlework. I rather like the idea of doing him up to look smart for my 40th birthday later in the year. :D

I gave my Percy Penguin a beak transplant about 10 years ago, and am trying to gear myself up to some more needlework. I rather like the idea of doing him up to look smart for my 40th birthday later in the year. :D

Oh yes, that would be fab and then you could have a double Birthday Party !! :D

Back