• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding piggies!! Help!!!!!!!!

You need a thick layer of newspaper or towels under the fleece. I take it Doris is the sheltie, my shelties tend to sit in their wee, so I have to keeep them trimmed at the back.

Yeah, Honey had to keep having her bum hair cut short, cos she was a sheltie.

This is Millie, and Munchkin :)

DSCI0327.jpg

Incidentally, Millie had mites when I took this picture, I'm not sure if that's why her fur looks a bit funny.
I put down sports mats for mine at first, you know the ones you put exercise equipment on. Only problems is the cracks, wee seeps into them :shock:. OH fashioned a base board out of chipboard and lino, that's pretty absorbent!

Dunno!! Maybe 11 or 11.30, or maybe 12!! Afraid to leave them but the breeder said that they'll be ok together. Come over here and hellllllllp meeeeeee!!! :shock::shock::shock:

If I was a bit closer I would....but Dorset to N Ireland.....I'd probably get lost and end up in Scotland :lol:

Please, don't go on anything that breeder said. If you are unhappy leaving them together, then don't. Is there anyway you can split the cage so the can see and smell each other tonight if you can't watch them and then put them together again when you can.

I have left piggies together a few hours after they have met before, but in those cases there has been no confrontations at all when I've initially put the together.

I could be wrong but I don't think they'll tear each other apart, and if they did you'd certainly hear the squeaks!

I could be wrong but I don't think they'll tear each other apart, and if they did you'd certainly hear the squeaks!

That's true!!!!

Really, if you're worried either put a barrier between them or pop them in separate boxes like I said before - it won't hurt for overnight.

Hello! They're lovely........ regarding fleece...... it's not supposed to be absorbant - it's supposed to 'wick' wee away from the piggies to the bottom layer which should be an absorbant layer. As I mentioned before; I use machine washable incontinence pads underneath my piggies' fleece which work fantastically well. The fleece is to get moisture away from the pigs and should stay dry. :) xx

If you use just towels underneath the fleece you will need two or three layers of them as guinea pigs wee a lot and in my experience you can't litter train them. :p

Fleece should really be prepared - I washed and dried mine three times before use to make it 'wick' better - ideally you want wee to go through the fleece as soon as possible to the absorbant layer. Also; *never* wash your fleece (or absorbant layers) with fabric conditioner as this will destroy their wicking / absorbant properties.

I use white vinegar instead of fabric conditioner as it eliminates odours.

Skin-wise guinea pigs are prone to quite a few skin conditions so a vet visit would probably be a good idea. Fungal skin problems are common. Gorgeous Guineas sell a range of treatments for dry skin and for fungal problems too.

Stay calm! I'm sure all will be well!! :wave: xx

Where's your signature piccie gone????

I changed it then I deleted the changed one, and I keep forgetting to get the new code off Photobucket. LilVicky is making me a pretty one though :) xx

Yeah, I would split them if you're nervous or you will end up with a sleepless night and leave delirious crazy posts on people's threads like I've been doing the past few days!

I changed it then I deleted the changed one, and I keep forgetting to get the new code off Photobucket. LilVicky is making me a pretty one though :) xx

Yeah, I would split them if you're nervous or you will end up with a sleepless night and leave delirious crazy posts on people's threads like I've been doing the past few days!

Looking forward to seeing the new one! (which reminds me - Princess Rabbit has gone off the radar again. I PM'd her, but no reply....)

her dongle is broken (*sniggers at the word dongle*) you really need to get yourself on facebook so you can stalk people better! ;):lol:

This is Millie, and Munchkin :)

DSCI0327.jpg

Incidentally, Millie had mites when I took this picture, I'm not sure if that's why her fur looks a bit funny.
I put down sports mats for mine at first, you know the ones you put exercise equipment on. Only problems is the cracks, wee seeps into them :shock:. OH fashioned a base board out of chipboard and lino, that's pretty absorbent!

Gorgeous. Hope mine become friends like your two!

They will, baby piggies go together really easily :) piggies seem to be nicer to strangers than rabbits are! Are you separating them? xxx

Back