• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you say to Nick Griffin of the BNP given 10 mins with him?

Didnt it say in the bible an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth?

You'll find that Jesus revoked that in the New Testiment, give me a little while, and I'll tell you where exactly.

ETA: Matthew 5:38-43

"38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." (NIV)

Last edited:
Would you be concerned about morals if it was your child he had murdered?

As someone has already mentioned, making this personal is a cheap argument, of course you'd want revenge on anyone who harmed your own. That is not the same as Capital Punishment - legalised, national killing. It is a very different thing and should never be undertaken lightly, there are huge implications for such a thing should, God forbid, it ever be brought back (which it won't).

As someone has already mentioned, making this personal is a cheap argument, of course you'd want revenge on anyone who harmed your own. That is not the same as Capital Punishment - legalised, national killing. It is a very different thing and should never be undertaken lightly, there are huge implications for such a thing should, God forbid, it ever be brought back (which it won't).

A cheap argument that Ian Huntley should face the death penalty for murdering Jessica And Holly? Sorry, we live on different planets you and I.

You'll find that Jesus revoked that in the New Testiment, give me a little while, and I'll tell you where exactly.

ETA: Matthew 5:38-43

"38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." (NIV)

Even Jesus was two faced! No wonder I prefer animals to humans! :roll::lol:

A cheap argument that Ian Huntley should face the death penalty for murdering Jessica And Holly? Sorry, we live on different planets you and I.

We do indeed Willow, and thank goodness for that. A cheap argument going for the 'personal' justification. I never mentioned Ian Huntley. Do you actually read before you post?

We do indeed Willow, and thank goodness for that. A cheap argument going for the 'personal' justification. I never mentioned Ian Huntley. Do you actually read before you post?

Im not about to become offensive towards you. We have different views on this, and thats healthy. That is what a forum is all about, differing opinions.

Im not about to become offensive towards you. We have different views on this, and thats healthy. That is what a forum is all about, differing opinions.

I'm not being offensive either, but it seemed you were putting words in my mouth which is quite rude when it concerns such a sensitive issue. No worries though, I know my mind on this one more than any other and I'm sure you do too.

Even Jesus was two faced! No wonder I prefer animals to humans! :roll::lol:

HOW DARE YOU?

How can you say this when you very obviously DO NOT know Christ? If you knew Jesus, you would not dare say this. Jesus was the only person on this Earth to have ever walked with out sin.

Please do not insult my faith in such a way again, saying this is biggoted and small minded.

I'm not being offensive either, but it seemed you were putting words in my mouth which is quite rude when it concerns such a sensitive issue. No worries though, I know my mind on this one more than any other and I'm sure you do too.

I respect your opinion. No intention on my part to be rude. :wave:

Thanks Vicar! :lol::wave:

You;ll actually find it was me that backed it up with Scripture..

Matthew 5 "38You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[a] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you."

HOW DARE YOU?

How can you say this when you very obviously DO NOT know Christ? If you knew Jesus, you would not dare say this. Jesus was the only person on this Earth to have ever walked with out sin.

Please do not insult my faith in such a way again, saying this is biggoted and small minded.

Oh dear, a light hearted post taken to heart. Good for you, Im glad you have your faith. No offence intended.

Oh dear, a light hearted post taken to heart. Good for you, Im glad you have your faith. No offence intended.

Offence is however, very much taken.

Also on the Scripture see Luke 6:27-30 "But I say to you who hear, (A)love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

28bless those who curse you, (B)pray for those who mistreat you.

29"(C)Whoever hits you on the cheek, offer him the other also; and whoever takes away your coat, do not withhold your shirt from him either.

30"Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back."

Back