• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

rabbit just gave birth to dead baby now dont know what to do plz help

I have to say, I'm with sdf76 on that one, again, no offence to anyone!! I've just read it all, it's not always easy to drag young kids out of bed either. Hopefully Princess is ok!!! Good luck!!!! xx

I hope Princess is ok?

I know members are really well-meaning but personally I would never leave my children with a stranger off the internet -even for a sick rabbit, so I hope they would understand if you didnt take up their offer.:)
I do hope you have managed to get veterinary advice today- (hopefully from a different vet who knows the difference between boy and girl buns!!)- sometimes a practice has both rubbish vets and really good ones so maybe someone else will be on duty this time? or find another practice?

Can anyone on here recommend a rabbit-savvy vet for this new member in her area?
-sue:)

What area are you in? I can recommend a vet in gloucester?

The OP has started a seperate thread for vet recommendations, I have recommended and couopl, as has anothe rmember, and I have pm'ed the other members I know to be from the rochdale area.

I know members are really well-meaning but personally I would never leave my children with a stranger off the internet -even for a sick rabbit, so I hope they would understand if you didnt take up their offer.:)

To be fair, neither would I, but by someone offering, that at least gives the person a different option, even if its one they discount.

I'm still hopefully awaiting an update.

I have to say, I'm with sdf76 on that one, again, no offence to anyone!! I've just read it all, it's not always easy to drag young kids out of bed either. Hopefully Princess is ok!!! Good luck!!!! xx

Also just wanted to say that I think we all appreciate none of the options were easy, but the more we suggest, the more options there are, whether or not they are viewed as feasible or not, that's all :)

HIIII good news:)
my baby is fine
i took her to Briar Dawn in Shaw thanks to all who rec them they were great
anyway theres no more babys, the vet is unsure on were the afterbirth is or as gone i think she may of eat it
who cares SHES fine :D:D

thanks very much to you all you all helped in one way or another so THANK YOU xx

just on the hunt now for another hutch as she needs to be outside near mario but not too hear lol

ill keep you all posted and ill be back ;)

Last edited:
sorry just been reading all the replys thanks again and thanks for the offer of looking after my kids
it was a nice thing to do but my kids come first befor anything and not even my mum as them lol

no i didnt think u was a nutter :lol:

im just glad ALL my 4 babys are fine lol should make a film 3 kids and a babbit

does any one know where i can get a cheap hutch from?

:wave: Thats brilliant, I am sooo pleased for you, nice to hear good news, well done to you aswell. Sorry I am quite far away I think with regards helping with hutch I suppose ebay might be a good starting place but, I am sure you will get loads of advice, best of luck and best wishes to you :)

hi hun,biggest thanks to you x
i took pricess to
Briar Dawn in Shaw and they were great
shes running around the house now im soooo glad she ok

You welcome, just glad it was a good outcome, you never know with rabbits.

Put aonther hutch on that post. 8ft wowee, especially if it goes for that price :)

That's fantastic news. I'm glad there are no more. If she did not eat the after birth and she does not show any signs of infection in the next few days (which can happen if its retained) then it might become obvious when she is spayed because things like that can fossilise in their uterus. HOPEFULLY though she just ate it.

As well as ebay, try freecycle too.

I'm really glad you managed to take her and she currently seems ok :)

not having any luck in a hutch :roll:
but we've put mario in his hutch and let princess out for some frush air and she ran right for the hutch
unsure if she wants mario or the hutch
but its soooo nice to she her jumping about again
ive tied gumtree,preloved and free cycle to no luck on ebay now but all cages near me dont run out for a few days :shock:

I would try emailing them, explain the situation and ask if they would be willing to end early, esp on those without bids. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Sent you a pm, with another option :D

Last edited:
Glad to hear your bun is well.

Good luck with finding another hutch. Please remember if you are taking a second hand hutch you will need to give it a thorough cleaning to ensure you will not be passing on any nasties to your rabbits. A thorough clean with 10% bleach followed by a good rinse and dry will be in order as the usual pet sprays are not effective on everything. A steam cleaner is also very useful if you have one.

Good luck for Wednesday. I have one of mine going in tomorrow (well, I say mine, but really a foster), so feel the anxiety you feel. Hopefully Mario will be fine and it will go smoothly. I've written an article about before, during and after a spay/neuter, would you like me to PM it to you?

You're doing a great job for them both :)

Back