• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Stress/excitement - caecotrophs

lisa82

Mama Doe
Hello

Well, in this nice whether the buns appear to be getting used to the run. One little problem is that every day they have been out, Jess has been leaving some uneaten caecotrophs around (she doesn't do this indoors at all). It can't be softer poos due to her eating the grass as on day 1 she had done it before she had even got near the grass. Otherwise she is seeming a lot happier out there, I wondered is this because she is stressed of the different environment? It's a tad annoying because I'm paranoid of flies hanging around as it is! Do you think she'll stop doing it??

Thanks Lisa :D x

They do leave them if they are startled, so I guess it's the unaccustomed noises out there that's making her too unsettled to eat them - She'll get used to it eventually but meantime will leave poops I guess :(

Back