• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pulling at my clothes!!!

Claris

Young Bun
Recently both of my rabbits have become insistent on pulling my clothes! they often jump on my lap and sit there merrily scrabbling my clothes. They also just bite and pull with all their strength - rather a funny sight when they are both doing it at the same time (literally being pulled opposite ways.)

What does it mean? are they attention seeking? :roll: it's different from when they nudge me so will give them a head rub.

Thanks guys.

my rabbit, henry does a similar thing. He take a holdd of my trousers in his mouth and pull the bottom of them! He does it if im stood at the fridge (he knows where veg is kept), if ive just come home or if im stood in a doorway and he wants to go through (he does it whether or not the door is open, but he usually does it at the door into the hall cos he wants to go upstairs!). I think he does it for getting my attention really. Sometimes he will jump on my lap and do what your rabbit does, buffy does it too. Really not quite sure why they do it, but would be interested to hear what other have to say!

Both of mine do this too. Jess would rather be dragged along the kitchen floor sometimes rather than let go of my trouser leg:roll: :lol: . Personally I think it's a sign they like you :D xx

Annie and Beatrix do this all the time! They pull on my trouser leg when I'm sat at the PC talking to you lot or if i'm in the kitchen!!:lol:

Just sounds like fun play fightin, my dogs when puppies used to do this as a sign of affection i think, dunno if it applies to rabbits tho as i'm no expert by far. Infact i'm a noob :lol:.

However i'm jealous mine just nip my fingers or rings when i run outta pellets in my hand!

thanks for raising this question-one of my rabbits in particular does this with me especially when i wear my fleece jumpers. i have a choice of 3 fleeces that i wear when i'm with the buns and Moet pulls and nibbles at my fleece constantly with the result that the fleeces are full of holes :) Moet is the bun that is consistent in her affection for me as she licks my hand and arm every morning when i go to get their breakfast....
if someone can explain why buns do this to their owners clothes i'd be most interested in the answer too!

Barney will nibbles and tug at my sleeves... but he loves sitting for ages licking at my jeans. o_o; Maybe it's their way of grooming? Er, quite roughly in some cases?

Sometimes I think Barney is just being naughty.

Back