• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy about Hutch

kayjay

Warren Veteran
We've put the Happy Hutch up today and the buns are in it. I have to say I pleasantly surprised, it's really big and solid and the rabbits seem happy in it. I've taken some pics with my new camera so will try and put them on later.

They're only in the run bit at the moment, they haven't figured out there's a ramp for them but I'm sure MJ will when he realises his food's up there :lol:

Hi,

The hutch and run look great. Can you put the hutch part on the run the other way round so that it's easier to clean etc? I am thinking of getting one of these for my boys, glad you are pleased with it.

Thanks

:eek:

kayjay said:
Jack's-Jane said:
Are there lots of different styles of HH ?

Janex

I got this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Massive-Rabbi...6QQihZ015QQcategoryZ63513QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It's on paving slabs and the buns are going to have access to the whole thing 24/7. They've been used to the freedom of a shed so there was no way I was shutting them up in a hutch overnight and I'm happy with this :D

Looks good :thumb:
Is a bloke included with every hutch purchased....... :? :wink: :lol:

Janex

wilbur said:
Hi,

The hutch and run look great. Can you put the hutch part on the run the other way round so that it's easier to clean etc? I am thinking of getting one of these for my boys, glad you are pleased with it.

Thanks

Yes, I have mine the other way round - makes things much easier.

SarahP said:
wilbur said:
Hi,

Thanks

Yes, I have mine the other way round - makes things much easier.

Yeh you can. I put mine on the way thats harder to clean though and I cant even reach all the way into the hutch properly :roll:

Jack's-Jane said:
Is a bloke included with every hutch purchased....... :? :wink: :lol:

Well the bloke here took hours to put my one together! :lol: Not that I was much use! :oops:

I've put mine on the other way round, much easier to access

They're still in the run, no idea when they'll go up the ramp :? I've tried putting parsley and carrot, their favourite treats but MJ just nicks off the ramp by standing up but they don't seem to realise they have another level. Should I force them up?

Try putting them in the top part, they know its good downstairs and might go down. Might wouldnt use the ramp for a whole day, then Truffle braved it and was running up and down like a looney, til Moose followed him. Now they dont think twice and hardly touch the ramp! :lol:

I put my buns in the house section at first in the hutch. Took Louis 30 odd mins to find the ramp to the run and Lottie errm weeks maybe 2 :shock: :roll: I did all the treats down the ramp too :D :roll: Your hutch sounds great ! :D

Hi everyone, yesterday we drove to Happy Hutch in Hull to collect our hutch. (We couldnt wait, even with free delivery!) After paying the very friendly guys, we set off with it sticking out the back of the boot. We stopped at Amys folks on the way back as it was her birthday so it was just getting dark by the time we got home.

I got it together in about an hour and here is the result

IMG_1975.JPG

(as you can see its dark)

We are off to RSPCA Coventry tomorrow to have a look at their buns.

oh thats good its gone well - watvh for the hinges tho! I have a hutch from them, 1 year old, and generally is v good quality but the hinges couldnt take the weight of the roo f and ended up buckling badly. Also, between 2 planks of wood at the back, there's obv been a small gap which is getting bigger & noiw letting in water so needs rpaired :( think they'r good, but need maintenance :(

Phil, I put mine on facing the other way so I can access it easily, I couldn't figure out how to get into the hutch otherwise as when the lid of the run's up it's in the way of the hutch (unless you have long arms :lol: ) OH was concerned about water running into the run but the slope of the roof isn't too steep and it'll have tarp on in rain anyway

Have fun finding your bunnies :D

Mine have spent the night in the run, they seem fine but this eveing I'm going to try putting them in the hutch and see if they can figure out how to get down.

I'm thinking of getting one of these to put my buns out in the garden when we move to the new house. They'll love having a garden. Was just wondering if there's any precautions you could take with this hutch to stop the buns digging their way out?

Back