• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

please advise

dibs05

New Kit
:D please could you advise i have a rabbit in a playhouse with four windows and i have hutch inside what i would like advice on is whether to put my rabbit in the hutch at night which i do at the moment for my own piece of mind but dont know if should leave her out but i do worry that mr or mrs fox would be peering through when i am not there.

I always think that if a hutch/run/shed is safe enough for rabbits to be left alone in during the day without supervision then they are safe for them at night too :D
So long as she has somewhere to hide in if she wants to and the shed is secure, then it sounds fine. I think lots of people leave their buns free ranging in their sheds over night.

Hi

Welcome to the forum!

My two rabbits have the run of a shed and a hutch which is inside all night - i covered the window with net curtain and turn the light off - the door is double bolted and the whole shed is lined with loft panels - mainly done because it was an oldish shed and i wanted to make sure it was a million percent safe!

Hope this helps.

Sue
xx

My lot live in a playhouse with a run (accessed by a cat flap) attached. They have free range between the two but I do shut them into the playhouse at night. It is quite big, so I don't have to worry about them being cooped up.

My run is made from aviary panels and I can leave them out in it overnight in the summer if it is really hot, but I tend to put my metal run around it to keep foxes out.

Back