• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Dirty bunnies

rineyroo

Mama Doe
My buns always used their trays until recently, now they have started using the hutch inside their shed as a litter tray. They used to be such tidy buns, a few poos would be on the floor but now there's more poo on the floor than in the trays and its all over the shed! :roll: Is there anything I can do to get them using the trays again?

Are they neutered, how many do you have, do they live together and what sexes are they?

I have scrubbed the shed. I think they like the idea of me cleaning up after them. I'm such a good slave. :lol:

Can you put an additional litter tray in the area where they have now starting using as a toilet?

mine have started doing this, I think now its colder they don't want to move from their cosy spot inside the hutch to the litter tray in the shed....I have got a small tray which Ihave put inside too...working so far :wink:

jrn1310 said:
Can you put an additional litter tray in the area where they have now starting using as a toilet?

I'll buy a couple more tomorrow. They already have two. Maybe I should just cover the entire shed with litter trays hehe :lol:

Back