• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pet shops

nicola12

Young Bun
:evil: im so mad.a friend of mine told me about a pet shop that had 2 bunnies in that had signs on their hutches "free, need to go before xmas" so i went and had a look and there was a grey cross bred buck and a white netherland dwarf female.i couldnt leave them there :roll: so i put them in carriers and took them home.the grey was fine,very friendly just abit scared bless him.but the netherland dwarf was a mess she had a big clump of dried on poo stuck to her tail :x her bottom was very sore and her teeth were growing out her mouth like tusks,so i took her straight to the vets,he said she should be fine but her teeth will need constant trimming.she is so sweet bless her and after her teeth were trimmed she spent to whole day grooming herself as she couldnt do it before :evil: some people make me sooooo mad. (rant over now)

Well done for getting the buns out of there, sounds like they really needed proper care :thumb:

thanks.i told her i was starting up a rescue for unwanted bunnies.and it just went totally over her head.the reason she wanted them gone before xmas was so she didnt have to go in and feed them over xmas :twisted: :twisted:

Poor bunnies - glad you've got the nethie the care she needed.

I was thinking the other day about who looks after pet shop animals during the holiday periods or when the smaller shops have their day of closure. Obviously in this shop - nobody. :(

If you are unhappy with any aspect of a pet shop particuarly one which sells animals, complain to its owners, you can always put this in writing. If your complaint is not resolved, take your custom elsewhere. The more people who do not shop somewhere the harder it will hit individual pet shops which people are not happy with.

Selling animals increases a pet shops sale of items such as bottles, bowls and cages which are mainly one off items, the longer term items you need such as toys, bedding and food will in the long term be a high proportion of the overall cost of keeping an animal. If you take your custom elsewhere, preferably to non livestock selling petshops, the petshops with poor standards will find it difficult to survive. There are a growing number of people who have protested silently who purchase all their animal products from non livestock selling shops, resulting in a significant loss of turnover to many stores.

Some small livestock selling pet shops offer good care to the animals they sell, some don't. The same applies to the larger stores.

Well done for going to rescue those two buns, and taking them to the vets.

These pets shops really make you mad dont they? thank goodness you got to them.

Carole

That's disgraceful :evil: What cruel, lazy morons
Big pat on the back to you for rescuing them, they are very lucky that you found them in time :) I dread to think where they could have ended up if you didn't :(

i know she is a sweety ive named her holly and he is called dexter.i got a phone call from my friend last night and she said that the woman in question has another that she had out the back of the shop cos there was no room inside for him and now she has brought him in with the same label (free) so im gonna fetch him today.and then im gonna see about reporting her as the vet has on record about the state of the nethie :(

good for you, hopefully as he made a loss on these the shop will think twice before getting more in, and like someone else said buy all the other things you need for them elsewhere. hope the other one is in ok health love the names too.

hi all ive just fetch the new boy,he is petrified :( he makes a very loud squeling noise when you go near him :( im so upset its unbelievable.this shop is not one ive ever been to before i get my stuff from elswhere.cant think of a name for this guy any surgestions? he looks like a dutch cross ,he is black and white.

nicola12 said:
hi all ive just fetch the new boy,he is petrified :( he makes a very loud squeling noise when you go near him :( im so upset its unbelievable.this shop is not one ive ever been to before i get my stuff from elswhere.cant think of a name for this guy any surgestions? he looks like a dutch cross ,he is black and white.
Good luck with your reporting of this pet shop.

Suggestion for a name- Chester (after the lead singer in Linkin Park :) _ I always fancied a Chester and a Dexter (after Dexter Holland, Offspring.... spot the theme here :lol: ) and was going to change Spike's name to Chester but Spike suits him so it stayed :roll:

Back