• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you think of this hutch?

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
not really planning on getting a hutch as i like my setup as it is but this wouldn't take up quite as much space but would still offer a bit more room (was just having a browse through the hutches and i like the look of it)

http://www.petsathome.com/invt/12198

is very expensive though :?

p.s. is PAH selling 6ft hutches a new thing? i had never seen them before but i went to PAH today and they had a 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch there!

ok thanks :D i tried to look at it today but it was about the only one they didnt have on show :? maybe thats why!

i think if i ever do decide to get a hutch instead i will have one built by a carpenter much nicer to have a custom one me thinks

kayjay said:
If they had a 6ft hutch in I'd suggest they'll be selling giant rabbits very soon :(

:(:(:(:(:(:(:( they already do they had a huge grey (sorry dont know official name) bunny he was gorgeous

Yep giant buns are replacing a lot of the birds, and along with them are the super size hutches. I'm not sure how long it will last because i'm not sure people will want to buy them - seeing as they are a lot to look after.

I went to our P@H this afternoon and there were two beautiful lionhead buns, I closed my eyes and walked the other way ...... :(

My shed was not much more than that price and it is 7ft by5ft! Only 2ft wide? Thats claustrophobic! :? How can rabbits turn around and binky in a 2ft cell!!!! Besides, bet they count that staircase as part of the 6ft!! :x

DO NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GET THAT HUTCH!!!

I am not joking!!! if you ever see it in the flesh you will see why!

The levvels are not high enough, maybe just about for a nethie - the stairs at the side are like mount everest... there isnt spacce, and its so flimsy - a fox would have no problem! - anymore complaints about that hutch needed ?

Your much better of with P@H's other hutch, ie. Sage House, Thisle Hall, Heather Hideaway are of a much much better standard and are made with the RWA.

m
xx

ok i was just looking, i wouldnt need to worry about foxes as i dont get many in my bedroom :) but i was only having a browse really as their cage/pen takes up a lot of floor space but i was thinking if i got a triple 5 ft hutch it would provide enough floor space for them overnight (the only time they are shut in) and would give me more space in my room and also more 'free' space for them to free range in (at the moment obviously where their pen is has litter trays and beds etc)
will keep browsing (although chances are i will keep the cage/pen)

thanks again everyone (can you get quadruple hutches? that would be so cool!!!)

It's not that big really, yes lots of levels but the Sq. footage isn't that great. We've got the Thistle Hall one from PAH and it's fab, so well made.

Back