• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Paper cat litter

bizzy_vicki

Mama Doe
Can you please confirm if this is safe or not safe for rabbit litter trays? I use it in the rats trays, I know its one of the better ones for them, I was always led to believe though paper based litter should not be used for bunnies as it swells if they ingest it therfore causing blockages and problems?

I thought it was fine, I've used peper based ones before, I don't find them as absorbant as the wood pellets though!

I use it for my mice and can't see why it would be OK for them and not for bunnies. :? Also, what's the difference between them and Carefresh?

I used the paper litter in Tinkerbell's litter tray, she is free range downstairs.

It WAS good, and seemed to neutralise any nasty whiffs, but it seemed to get walked everywhere as it is quite light.

Kate x

I've used it and it was fine, but now I use magazorb as I find it more absorbent, and it is SOOOOOO much cheaper! I pop a layer of newspaper on top in the litter tray so it doesn't get kicked around, but to tell the truth Deej has never shown the slightest interest in his actual litter anyway! :D

Back