• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thumping..

Rabbers

Mama Doe
My Ozzie (neutered male, 4yrs) keeps thumpng at night and keeping me up!
He always seems to do it on the top floor of his hutch and whilst staring into the sleeping compartment. I think his girlfriend Rolo sits in the doorway and won't let him in (she probably thinks he's been out all night on the razzle or something! :roll: ). So I can only presume this is why he thumps.
I have tried feeding more and less in case it was a food issue. I have also tried letting him out for runs later at night in case he was restless. But nothing else seems to work, so it must be his girlfriend.

Can anyone suggest any tips that might help me stop him doing this so much?
Might he need a separate bedroom (like one of those plastic shells or a box) and a teddy to snuggle with?

not really as the opening is between the front of the hutch and the hole that goes down to the lower level. so Im not sure i could cut that much off.
thanks for that though - i will have a proper check when I get home later
xxx

Ive just thought of another possible reasson - ozzie is becoming quite a social little man - always bounds up to me to see what I'm up to etc (I only got him and Rolo in the summer), so I wonder if he would just like even more attention from me during the day?

Could this be a contributing factor?

Yes my mum knows what you are going through too!! Perhaps giving him his own little cosy bed might help, if he is trying to go to bed but she won't let him!!

Back